• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest @ NC State Game Thread

we stopped running an offense. and the stupid 4 guard lineup in crunch time. that's why manning deserves blame.

That was depressing.
Really thought we were going to win this

Just saw the score.....

Now I’m not pissed I didn’t see this ........wern’t We up 63-62????

So Manning missed free throws, layups, got a ten second call, bricked a 3 five seconds into the shot clock? Must’ve missed that part.

Not sure how you blame Manning for that implosion.

When it happens over and over again, its the coach. He either (a) didn't recruit good players or (b) didn't coach them to make the plays. Either way, it is his fault.

So Manning missed free throws, layups, got a ten second call, bricked a 3 five seconds into the shot clock? Must’ve missed that part.

We get it, you won’t criticize him what so ever . At what point do the same mistakes , blown leads , and over all lack of composure fall on the coach? As a high school coach, when I’ve seen repeated mistakes from my team, it becomes my problem .

we stopped running an offense. and the stupid 4 guard lineup in crunch time. that's why manning deserves blame.

Just wait for the sunshine brigade to defend this one.

We shouldn’t be this bad, y’all. There’s just no excuse for us to be this bad.

Tennessee ended game on 16-2 run
UNC ended game on 8-0 run
State ends game on 11-0 run

We're pretty good at this end-of-game thing.

The stubbornness with the four guard lineup is unexplainable. He’s the only guy that doesn’t realize it just gets you beat with our guards.

Because our guards are just horrible in the last 2 to 3 minutes of games. For all of the "experience" they have, they act like they've never played before, if it is a close game down the stretch. Horrible turnovers, forced bad shots, missed bunnies. It's really pathetic to watch Crawford, Wilbekin, and Childress just throw up all over themselves every single time in this situation.

Reiterated for truth.
Childress has the excuse of a little inexperience and he is in there to make a play.
Wilbekin has lack of talent as an excuse.
Crawford has none.

Seems like only one of these can be on the floor at a time.

Because our guards are just horrible in the last 2 to 3 minutes of games. For all of the "experience" they have, they act like they've never played before, if it is a close game down the stretch. Horrible turnovers, forced bad shots, missed bunnies. It's really pathetic to watch Crawford, Wilbekin, and Childress just throw up all over themselves every single time in this situation.

Which begs the question as to why we consistently go to the 4 guard lineup down the stretch .

Just wait for the sunshine brigade to defend this one.

We shouldn’t be this bad, y’all. There’s just no excuse for us to be this bad.

Sure there is. We have a giant asshole as an AD, an woefully unqualified guy as the basketball coach, and fairly shitty players. Seems like that is a recipe for a shit team.

But hey! We have an athletic WF who can't shoot outside of 3 feet coming in next year. We'll be a top 15 team for sure!

Really hard to watch the end of that...almost like we just don’t know how to play when game is on the line...bad shots, passes, and lost on defense. Im going to watch Belk Bowl replay now to get me in a better mood.

It is defintely Manning’s Problem. Not sure how you coach Crawford to make an open layup or not get a 10 second call though. At a certain point players have to make a play. Perhaps it is confidence? I don’t know. Mind boggling how anti-clutch this team is.

No doubt about it that Manning has to figure out a way to fix it. Or find players that can make the play and not choke.

Back