• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Offseason Basketball Thread: Deacs in Inaugural Myrtle Beach Invitational

Rumors are that the ECU scrimmage did not go well. This is about the softest rollout of an upcoming Wake basketball season I can remember.

I am not sure it is fair to expect this team to be able to compete well against a 10 win ECU team. It may take this team a little while to gel and get to the level of a 10th place AAC team.

Some of Manning's defensive concepts take a while to fully grasp.

Rumors are that the ECU scrimmage did not go well. This is about the softest rollout of an upcoming Wake basketball season I can remember.
Define "not well." Did we lose or only win by 20?

I guess Belmont Abbey will be a downgrade from Queens. Plan to check it out on Friday.

My only problem w chaundee at the 2 is his 3 point shot. He is very good from the corner, not great from anywhere else. He won't get to the corner playing the 2.

Ought to change this thread to 'Pessimistic on Upcoming Season.'

You Wynn some, you lose some.

Looks like ECU insiders are reporting that ECU won by 10 while missing 3 key players. Take that for what you will.

What is your source on that? I saw some troll on 24/7 posted that, but he didn't have a source.

I don't think we'll ever get details on this scrimmage... At least not a box score like have been posted online from other games.

I'm obviously a little more optimistic than most around here on the upcoming season... In order to get more pessimistic, I'll wait until I can at least watch (or listen) to an actual game.

We'll all have evidence of how much the team sucks or doesn't suck in a week or two (depending on how much evidence you need). I'm not jumping ship on unconfirmed rumors about a secret scrimmage.

You Wynn some, you lose some.

Looks like ECU insiders are reporting that ECU won by 10 while missing 3 key players. Take that for what you will.

That seems impossibly bad even with my low expectations. Looks like subtraction by subtraction.

Can we fire Manning based on a private scrimmage?

we have 3 returning scholarship players along with 2 guys who played low-level D1, a preferred walk-on, and some freshmen with expectations ranging from 1-and-done to who knows?

we should be pretty bad right now and improve as the new guys get experience

What is your source on that? I saw some troll on 24/7 posted that, but he didn't have a source.

I'm not sure I'd call him a troll...seems to be a Deacon poster with secondary allegiances to ECU. I also saw it reported on another ECU board that ECU fared well, supposedly referencing the the same VIP post on the ECU 247 board that ecudeac is referencing, but without the score specifics.

we have 3 returning scholarship players along with 2 guys who played low-level D1, a preferred walk-on, and some freshmen with expectations ranging from 1-and-done to who knows?

we should be pretty bad right now and improve as the new guys get experience

We should. Then again Manning had a little trouble making an experienced team gel. Maybe it will work better with this witches brew.

I'm not sure I'd call him a troll...seems to be a Deacon poster with secondary allegiances to ECU. I also saw it reported on another ECU board that ECU fared well, supposedly referencing the the same VIP post on the ECU 247 board that ecudeac is referencing, but without the score specifics.

Yeah, we read that same stuff. Not worth it to me to try to gain access to the ECU 24/7 VIP thread.

Troll was the wrong word, but he posted a thread titled, "basketbball" and had no details. I know he was just reaching out for more info from Les.

We definitely could have lost. I'm not disputing that. Also not disputing that it would be a bad look. But with the season rapidly approaching, we'll soon have plenty of fodder for criticism.

We definitely could have lost. I'm not disputing that. Also not disputing that it would be a bad look. But with the season rapidly approaching, we'll soon have plenty of fodder for criticism.

Yeah, I'm not sure I care enough to draw any conclusions. Just sharing info since details were lacking from the Wake side.

Back