• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Tennis 2019 - Men ACC Reg Season & Tourn Champs, NCAA & Indoor Runner Up

Those crowds were so great - really large, and really loud. We need to host again.

Yeah, the A&M fans didn't like people yelling "Johnny Manzell" at their peroxide blonde #3 last year. It was hilarious.

I hope we do host again soon. I think 2023 is the first year that doesn't have a location set already.

What's the construction going on between the outer courts and the east side of Groves Stadium? Is that more seating for tennis? (Might as well call it Groves since we don't know what BB&T's new name will be.)

What's the construction going on between the outer courts and the east side of Groves Stadium? Is that more seating for tennis? (Might as well call it Groves since we don't know what BB&T's new name will be.)

Yep, that will be permanent seating and club space for the WS Open and it will also be used to host functions throughout the year. There was a write up on it in Gold Rush within the past 6 months.

Lost dubs point. Still feel good about singles.

This team will play down to the level of its competition, but will turn it on when necessary.

Up 3 1 only seems like a matter of time before we close it out. Women beat Austin Peay that make it to the second round

Super solid win. Doubles was extremely close, with each match going to a tiebreaker. But we were playing from behind in each match except the first court. It would be great if we could get the doubles point going forward.

We started really well in singles, winning first sets 6-0, 6-1, 6-0, 6-0 at 1, 2, 5, 6. We closed out 5 and 6 easily, which was big and will be huge going forward. Rezi fought back to win the first set at 4, which was also big.

At the end, Bar and Petros were going to win, and Rezi certainly could have won as well.

I thought everything moved to the National final site now?

Nope, this year it changed, so one more round is at the home of the highest seeds.
Turns out we got the perfect year to host with the last year of the Rd of 16 at the national title site.... otherwise I wouldn't have been able to watch the Rams Club contingent lose their minds when USC beat them.

Turns out we got the perfect year to host with the last year of the Rd of 16 at the national title site.... otherwise I wouldn't have been able to watch the Rams Club contingent lose their minds when USC beat them.

Great call!

So is the thought that we are going to pick up some international players for next year

So is the thought that we are going to pick up some international players for next year

I’m aware of two strong commits already, one from Germany and one from Canada.

Our next opponent match tied at 3 going to 3rd set tiebreak to decide.

#13 Texas A and M vs Oklahoma

Back