• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest's own Tommy Elrod caught leaking football information to other teams

To be fair, none of our QBs are known for their accuracy.

Who cares what the excuse is, don't let media in our practices anymore.

It wasn't "the media" that betrayed the Deacs. It was a former Deacon player and coach who was a graduate of Mother-So-Dear. Before I banned "the media," I would ban alumni from any close association with the team. :D

True, it came from someone who should be more trustworthy than the media.

Logic still stands. We need to keep anyone other than players and coaching staff out of practices.

The college sports radio analyst is supposed to be basically the biggest homer ever. In normal circumstances, there should be no problem with letting them attend practices and hang around the program.

But Elrod is a giant POS

Just happened to catch a segment on Spectrum News Triad about a WS little league having a sports equipment drive today.

Tom Elrod is the VP of this little league or something and he was the guy they interviewed about it.

I’m surprised he agreed to be interviewed and kind of surprised he’s still living in WS. I know it’s been a while since Wakeyleaks but damn...at least go ghost if you’re going to stick around.

Just happened to catch a segment on Spectrum News Triad about a WS little league having a sports equipment drive today.

Tom Elrod is the VP of this little league or something and he was the guy they interviewed about it.

I’m surprised he agreed to be interviewed and kind of surprised he’s still living in WS. I know it’s been a while since Wakeyleaks but damn...at least go ghost if you’re going to stick around.

No regret and no shame.

Which is why it's so funny when certain fan types claim that the negativity of our fan base is extreme and part of the reason we struggle to win in basketball. Tommy Elrod is still living and functioning in Winston-Salem normally...there are maybe 1-2 other P5 schools where that would be possible.

Which is why it's so funny when certain fan types claim that the negativity of our fan base is extreme and part of the reason we struggle to win in basketball. Tommy Elrod is still living and functioning in Winston-Salem normally...there are maybe 1-2 other P5 schools where that would be possible.

Exactly. No way this guy should be allowed to walk out of his house every day without being reminded what a douchebag he is.

Had this happened in Tuscolusa, Elrod's life would have been in jeopardy. No doubt

Well said. The idea that we have a negative fan base relative to state of the program or more negative fans than other schools is one of the dumbest consistent arguments on these boards. If anything our athletics struggle because our fan base is too lenient.

It's kind of amusing that people think we should aspire to be a fanbase where we would literally run a guy out of town, or even worse put his "life in jeopardy" over sports

That's a bug of "big time programs," not a feature

Shunning someone from the community is different than threatening physical violence. The latter is unacceptable, and the former is totally warranted in this situation.

Back