• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest's own Tommy Elrod caught leaking football information to other teams

I don't think it's the nature of the hit, but the fact that theoretically he was getting hit more. Like on the attempted reverse play against Louisville, they had it scouted out and threw us for a big loss. I don't know who was hit or tackled on that play, but if they had practiced against it, it stands to reason that guys who might've been expected not to be hit at all could've been blindsided or something. Again, theoretically. And that goes for a lot of our offensive plays and surprises. Defense getting optimal defensive positioning.

Proving damages in that situation would be pretty impossible. The obvious lawsuit would have been for breach of contract.

ETA: breach of contract would have been the lawsuit for whoever was in proximity of contract with him- so I did not mean the players. If the school had a contract with him that included provisions about disclosure of certain information, which I hope they did, or about not acting in competition with the school, that's where I would think legal action might have been taken.

Good post. I'm still trying to wrap my head around UGA's fining Shane Beamer for his role in the fiasco, even though that school was not close to being involved. I wonder if he would still be there if the school hadn't taken that approach.

There is zero evidence that anyone was hit any differently. I'm not sure how anyone could even claim that theoretically and I seriously doubt any parent would think that way. It's a violent game. Ryan Shazier got injured on a routine play/tackle. What has been suggested is that we installed splash plays for specific games, designed vs an opponent, and somehow they knew and the plays were ineffective. Anything else would be deduced from tape.

Ryan Shazier injured himself by spearing the pass receiver. Didn't keep his head up as coaches teach.

There is zero evidence that anyone was hit any differently. I'm not sure how anyone could even claim that theoretically and I seriously doubt any parent would think that way. It's a violent game. Ryan Shazier got injured on a routine play/tackle. What has been suggested is that we installed splash plays for specific games, designed vs an opponent, and somehow they knew and the plays were ineffective. Anything else would be deduced from tape.

There's zero evidence to that anyone wasn't hit differently as well, but it's not at all unreasonable to suggest that the other team knowing our plays probably resulted in harder hits and the QB being hit more.

have we publicly sodomized elrod with a chainsaw yet?

If the defense knows the play pre snap, if say, it is a run, the D can minimize coverage on receivers and send linebackers and safeties after the QB or RB. Result is more defenders hitting the ball carrier.

There's zero evidence to that anyone wasn't hit differently as well, but it's not at all unreasonable to suggest that the other team knowing our plays probably resulted in harder hits and the QB being hit more.
So players "probably" aren't going to hit as hard when they don't know the splash play? The QB is "probably" going to stand there and take more hits because the one receiver that was supposed to leak out undetected is covered? Doesn't make much sense. The defense still has to read/react to what happens....on what has become a busted play. Strategically, the plays in question are more likely trying to take advantage of over pursuit anyway so if anything, the defense is going to pull up and cover the area that was supposed to be attacked, for example staying at home in the case of a reverse. That's what hurts the offense.

Someone in the W-S area needs to go to the little league president/board and offer a large donation to the program, but only if Elrod is relieved of his title/position. Kids win with the donation and Elrod gets a small measure of payback.

So players "probably" aren't going to hit as hard when they don't know the splash play? The QB is "probably" going to stand there and take more hits because the one receiver that was supposed to leak out undetected is covered? Doesn't make much sense. The defense still has to read/react to what happens....on what has become a busted play. Strategically, the plays in question are more likely trying to take advantage of over pursuit anyway so if anything, the defense is going to pull up and cover the area that was supposed to be attacked, for example staying at home in the case of a reverse. That's what hurts the offense.

What an awful take.

I thought that the coaches found out the night before the game that Louisville had our game plan, including the main plays we planned to use. So the coaches decided not to use any of the plays designed specifically for the Louisville game that they had installed and practiced the week before. So the plays were ineffective because we decided not to use them at all. The team had to stick to to its regular playbook set of plays. Louisville would have know most of those plays just from watching video of previous games.

Supposedly Wake ran one of the special plays and Louisville read it perfectly. In the other games the Wake coaches did not know that the other team knew the special plays. The plays were stoned because the defenses knew what was coming.

As if what we know is all Elrod did. You know there is more. In addition he ran a conspiracy across state lines. RICO thug.

As if what we know is all Elrod did. You know there is more. In addition he ran a conspiracy across state lines. RICO thug.

What has been publicly stated and verified is significant. Could there be more? Certainly. I would hope that Wake got him to come clean about all teams he communicated with as part of any agreement to not sue him.

Back