• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest's own Tommy Elrod caught leaking football information to other teams

When Elrod signs his book deal, everyone of you will rue the day we did not go after him in the courts. And he will claim some form of victimhood.

Where is he btw? I think riley skinner said he was in florida w his family meaning leaving his kids and wife in winston to wear the scarlet letter while he lives in his parents basement. Pathetic if true.

He's still in Winston. Has longer hair and a beard. Were it me, I'm not sure that I'd set foot in the city for a few years.

Yet they are fining him for 2014 when he was told about McCartneys contact with Elrod and the sharing of information?

Where do you get that the fine was only for 2014?

Not that that's the only conclusion you're jumping to, of course.

Broken link, correct is http://www.recordonline.com/news/20...coordinator-in-wake-forest-scandal----updated

I do appreciate Army for at least being more transparent regarding the results of the investigation. I sort of had some lingering doubts of "well, maybe some stuff just sort of came up in conversation when he was talking to his buddies" or whatever. Hard for me to imagine being motivated to really conspire against your team, even if you aren't officially on the staff anymore.

But this lays it out pretty clearly.

The officer wrote...concerning this past season's game, "there is evidence of an email with attachments'' on Oct. 27 "between Elrod and Coach Bateman. Coach Bateman also admitted to speaking with Elrod via phone'' on Oct. 23.

The officer wrote that McCartney and Bateman received information based off Elrod breaking down Wake Forest practice film that he viewed and was shot in preparation of the 2014 and 2016 games against Army. The information consisted of "multiple pages of WF playbook diagrams that he had drawn up and sent to McCartney in 2014 and Bateman in 2016.''

I don't think it's a stretch to figure the same sort of stuff was going to Galloway and Shane Beamer.

I'm looking for a full copy of the actual report/memorandum and will share here if my efforts are successful.

Media received copies of the memorandum (w/ names redacted) along with the press release announcing disciplinary action.

Neither the press release nor the memorandum are on usma.edu or goarmywestpoint.com.

As the son of a military officer, it is hard for me to believe that Army would not have enough integrity to terminate the employment of Mr. Bateman for accepting this information. Very disappointing.

As the son of a military officer, it is hard for me to believe that Army would not have enough integrity to terminate the employment of Mr. Bateman for accepting this information. Very disappointing.

Maybe we can get Col. Jessup to order a code red on Elrod's ass.

WF's next scheduled games with Army are in 2021 (at Army) and 2022 (at WF).

Wow, we're going four whole years without playing Army? Has that ever happened?

Would like to play them one more time to close the all-time series with a win, then never play them again.

Do that many people outside the Wake community know who he is or what he did?

Does anyone even know what this jackass looks like?

Winston is such a sleepy town, that he is unlikely to be heckled or really anything.

Haha it's not like he is Charles Oakley in New York...

He's still in Winston. Has longer hair and a beard. Were it me, I'm not sure that I'd set foot in the city for a few years.

Letting the kids finish the school year would be my guess.h

Last edited:
I seriously doubt he's in any dangerous or some pariah because of this.

Does anyone even know what this jackass looks like?

Winston is such a sleepy town, that he is unlikely to be heckled or really anything.

Haha it's not like he is Charles Oakley in New York...

It's Winston. The Wake people all know each other and are in the same social circle. If Elrod's marriage survives this, I'll be impressed.

Back