• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Golf 2024 - Women’s NCAA Regionals May 6-8; Men's NCAA Regionals May 13-15

Wake men haven’t had a good year fall or spring, schedule not as strong as one would expect for Wake golf. Women‘s ACC at Sedgefield next week. if they bring their A games it should be an easy path to match play and another title. Women’s program is at a point now where making NCAA match play is a yearly goal. Our problem is we don’t play well at Greyhawk where the NCAA’s have been the past two years.

The goal for the women's team is 100% the NCAA Title. Anything short of at least the finals against Stanford would be a disappointment. If we can get to the finals, anything can happen, but going to be really difficult to beat the Cardinal.

ACC Women at Sedgefield Country Club week after the Masters. Rachel, Emilia and Caroline didn’t have their best stuff at Augusta and didn’t play well in their last event. Wake women’s golf is about titles so hoping the girls get back on track next week. Conference is a little down this year so hoping we get the repeat w some no for another NCAA run. I played Sedgefield today and it’s not in good shape at all. Hopeful for some warm weather this week to get some grass growing. The course has no rough so accuracy off the tee wont matter much and will bring lesser golfers into the mix.
Our women were out at Bermuda Run West on Monday, starting just as we were finishing our morning 9 hole groups. They did the same thing last year and got to talk to Coach Kim that day as they were teeing off. (Seemed to work as they won title in 2022). They played a 2 person Ryder Cup style and she told them to “talk it up”, rattle clubs, etc, just like intense match play. Said she likes it out here every now & then because houses & woods make for tighter play with lots of OB. Greens are also similar grass to where they played ACC last year.

Lady Deacs begin their ACC Title defense this Thursday in Greensboro (Sedgefield CC). The WF women are ranked #2 in the nation behind only Stanford.

Sedgefield is greening up but still a little scruffy...course will be firm if we don't get more rain and theres no rough. Lets hope for warm weather this week

A little surprised they don't play the tourney a little farther south where the grass is farther along than it is in the triad right now.

y’all will be glad to know I took down all Duke stuff and made sure the wake stuff was up and prominent so the lady deacs can sleep in comfort this week. See…I really do love Wake Forest

No reason specifically to post this here, but I ran across a blurb about Jay Siegel, and it reminded me that he ranks right up there in his own right as as one of our all-time greats. He was one of the world's top amateurs for years (back when you could still excel into your 30's/40's before the young bombers had such a distance advantage), made his mark as an insurance exec and developer, then found time in his 50's to win multiple times at the senior PGA level. He and Vinnie Giles were unique in their ability to stay relevant as amateurs for so many years.

y’all will be glad to know I took down all Duke stuff and made sure the wake stuff was up and prominent so the lady deacs can sleep in comfort this week. See…I really do love Wake Forest
If you have any Duke stuff and don’t have a grad degree from there or a child that went there then you don’t love WF.

Looks like Kuehn eagled 18 to shoot a 66 and take a 2 shot lead after Round 1. She's 2 shots up on the Duke 5th golfer, who I assume will fall back. Next closest is -2, so 4 shots back of Rachel.

Overall, we're at -4 and in 2nd. 9 shots back of 5th place (top 4 obvi make the semis) starting Round 2.

Let's put some distance in there this afternoon and have a stress free round 3 tomorrow.

Would not be surprised if we take a 5 shot lead or so after today. This team is quite talented.

Last edited:
Best team in the conference, legit national title contenders if not a top favorite, and should clean up the ACC titles here this weekend. Get it done ladies

Looks like Kuehn eagled 18 to shoot a 66 and take a 2 shot lead after Round 1. She's 2 shots up on the Duke 5th golfer, who I assume will fall back. Next closest is -2, so 4 shots back of Rachel.

Overall, we're at -4 and in 2nd. 9 shots back of 5th place (top 4 obvi make the semis) starting Round 2.

Let's put some distance in there this afternoon and have a stress free round 3 tomorrow.

Would not be surprised if we take a 5 shot lead or so after today. This team is quite talented.
I hope we don't have to murder you for placing the jinx... I mean, are you even a Wake fan?

Deacs in the lead now. -5 on 10 total counting holes so far in round 2. 12 up on 5th, which is all that really matters.

Back