• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Golf 2024 - Women’s NCAA Regionals May 6-8; Men's NCAA Regionals May 13-15

11 strokes clear of 6th, but it is #2 UNC so you figure they will make a move.

this team could be quite dangerous if they make the postseason. It seems like they are playing at the highest levels the last couple of weeks.

Four of five guys in the top ten. Brennan up by two shots overall going to 18 in the first round. Wake leads by 3 and is 7 shots clear of the match play cut

UNC's Greaser just made an 8 on a par four to fall from -2 to +2. They're 2nd in the nation and currently in 7th

Each round you can drop a players score right? So I can drop player 4's score in round 1, but player 3's score in round 2?
Correct. Each round resets and they start from scratch - lowest 4 scores in round 2 count. So you only need to focus on the round score for team purposes. Obviously the total score counts for the individual title.

course playing much tougher this afternoon. Getting off the course first should be an advantage. Only 3 teams under par and we are one this afternoon.

I am not POSITIVE this is right, but I am fairly certain.

We added a last minute tourney a few days ago where we only played Elon and Davidson at Bermuda Run, which we won.

So, no longer need solo 5th to qualify for regionals, actually need solo 7th.

Hopefully does not matter, but just FYI.

Our 5 guys were -1 (top 4 were -2) through the first 9 holes - 45 holes total. Through only 17 total holes on the back 9, we are +9 (top 4 are +5).

It's brutal out there. everybody is dropping shots. You just want to get the fuck off the course.

there were several teams under par, and now there are only 3 around par and they are still earlier in their round and likely to drop.

It's 83, sunny, with pretty light winds. Pins must be insanely tucked I guess, and/or kids are getting tired. Think we're the only team wearing pants?

It's brutal out there. everybody is dropping shots. You just want to get the fuck off the course.

there were several teams under par, and now there are only 3 around par and they are still earlier in their round and likely to drop.
We have best score of teams playing at least 13 holes for all players and some are already worse when not as far.

Maybe the greens got a lot faster I mean whatever it is everybody across-the-board is struggling us picking up those shots late in this round has been huge. We should have a very comfortable cushion

Last edited:
I am not POSITIVE this is right, but I am fairly certain.

We added a last minute tourney a few days ago where we only played Elon and Davidson at Bermuda Run, which we won.

So, no longer need solo 5th to qualify for regionals, actually need solo 7th.

Hopefully does not matter, but just FYI.
How does all this work? Its interesting that the 28th ranked team has to hit a number just to get into the national tourney. Is it a points thing, that's weighted depending on the field? The tourney is 64 teams, right? 4 regionals of 16 teams? I assume Louisville is in the same boat as us at #27?

Brennan with a three shot lead with 18 holes left for an ACC title. 13 stroke lead over the four team match play cut with 18 left. Let's finish strong and we know anything can happen in match play. Time to go back to back.

How does all this work? Its interesting that the 28th ranked team has to hit a number just to get into the national tourney. Is it a points thing, that's weighted depending on the field? The tourney is 64 teams, right? 4 regionals of 16 teams? I assume Louisville is in the same boat as us at #27?
Do teams still have to finish above .500 to qualify for regionals, or did that rule go away?

Back