• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Golf 2024 - Women’s NCAA Regionals May 6-8; Men's NCAA Regionals May 13-15

I feel like we can win at any position honestly, but my guess for "easiest way to 3 wins" based on individual rank/how they've played so far is: Rhodes, Walsh, Migs (despite her poor play so far the past two days), Kuehn, Lopez-Chacarra. The latter two should be great matches.

Not sure which order the pairings were picked, but I like the draw for us. Cernousek was the lowest A&M player in stroke play and followed that up with a win this morning; she is drawn against Carolina who has come on strong with Wake's lowest rounds in both R4 of stroke play and match play this morning. Meanwhile, A&M's highest ranked player is Jennie Park (#22), who disappointed in stroke play and lost her match this morning; she is drawn against Walsh (ranked #19 nationally) who has been our best player this week.

I believe it's like a snake draft, so A&M puts somebody up, Wake picks opponent of that preson, then Wake puts somebody up, and A&M picks opponent of that person - until all 5 are picked.

Emilia wins hole 1 and we are off and running
Emilia started par, bogey, double and her opponent started bogey, par, birdie, so now she is down 1.

So we are still off, but maybe no longer running.

why does the format of this tournament change to match play?
To me, match play is better at determining the stronger team from top to bottom. In a stroke play event, a dominant top few players can carry the rest of the team to a championship. In match play, the top player can only win one match.

For example, this year Stanford would be much better off in a stroke play event, where Rose Zhang would be a considerable advantage. In match play, Zhang can only win one of the three matches her team needs to win each round to advance.

Better televised/marketable product as well. No guarantee four rounds of stroke play is competitive. Match play guarantees a fresh start and is a heads up matchup.

Yeah not sure why that isn't getting updated or what's going on there.

Wake up in 2, down in 1, AS in the fourth and the aforementioned no scoring update from Mimi's match

I hope I'm wrong but this broadcast seems like it'll be very Stanford heavy with a main focus on that match.

The dominance of Rose & Stanford has been great for women's golf, but frustrating when you are the #2 team trying to get TV coverage. I hope we get to face them tomorrow and take them down.

Migliaccio has carded a 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 through 6 holes. This is gonna be a rollercoaster match.

To me, match play is better at determining the stronger team from top to bottom. In a stroke play event, a dominant top few players can carry the rest of the team to a championship. In match play, the top player can only win one match.

For example, this year Stanford would be much better off in a stroke play event, where Rose Zhang would be a considerable advantage. In match play, Zhang can only win one of the three matches her team needs to win each round to advance.

I'm of the opposite thinking...you can hide weak players in match play way easier. Only need 3/5 to play well. Stroke play you gotta count 4/5.

Match play introduces more variance and is a way better TV product, which is really why it's being used.

Caught the last hour. That was really close. Whew. Meanwhile, didn't see any of Zhang because she won something like 6 and 5. I hope she turns pro for multiple reasons.

Back