• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake in Daily Caller

I really don't care either way, and think this Wolfe kid is pretty dumb for inflaming the situation, but the double standard of the resident liberal SJWs is pretty hilarious to see. If a black student leader protesting Trump/Koch/etc had been handed a watermelon and photo-shopped onto a piece of fried chicken, the outrage on here (and elsewhere) would be monumental.

it's almost like that thing wouldn't be the exact equivalent of this thing, because of things like history and stuff

i'm sorry, but DD and tiggr have access to the other dimensions of reality where Wolfe is black and was handed a watermelon and WFU literally nuked all the white kids at the school in retribution

the real dividing line on this issue is who did and who didn't take a class in Tribble during their time at Wake. No 401ks for the liberal arts kids, but at least we maintained some life perspective during the Mayo Monster Saga of '18!

DXS4G02VQAAtxz4.jpg

Wake Forest: nah, we're good.

I still don't really understand the outrage

It seems like the only comparison is this girl that used the n-word on a social media post. Does anyone actually know why she's not enrolled at Wake anymore? Maybe she left on her own? Everyone assumes that Wake kicked her out, but that's not confirmed anywhere and I doubt they'd jump to that so quickly.

Really the only basis Wolfe has in saying he was treated unfairly is in comparison to this other situation, correct?

Otherwise - telling him to chill out with judicial hearings and what not because of a saltine cracker photoshoop seems like a reasonable response.

the real dividing line on this issue is who did and who didn't take a class in Tribble during their time at Wake. No 401ks for the liberal arts kids, but at least we maintained some life perspective during the Mayo Monster Saga of '18!

PBMPBzr.jpg

what's the backstory on the Wake Forest Review? OGB refused to run a guest op-ed about the sanctity of the windsor knot or something? I can't imagine the mindset of an 18-yo who arrives to Wake and thinks "This school needs a conservative outlet!"

what's the backstory on the Wake Forest Review? OGB refused to run a guest op-ed about the sanctity of the windsor knot or something? I can't imagine of a 18-yo who arrives to Wake and thinks "This school needs a conservative outlet!"

The Wake Forest Review
2 oz Koch money
2 oz long-term career aspirations
1 oz conservative media environment
.5 oz personal investment
add a dash of encountering new opinions for the first time
shake w/ the loudest ice you can find
pour on as large a surface area as possible

The Wake Forest Review
2 oz Koch money
2 oz long-term career aspirations
1 oz conservative media environment
.5 oz personal investment
add a dash of encountering new opinions for the first time
shake w/ the loudest ice you can find
pour on as large a surface area as possible

As contrasted with,say, the Wake OG Board member :

8 ounces of malcontented and yellowing splooge
1 Generous portion of pickled grief augmented with sautéed guilt
Generously shower over a Quad of rich white rice
until all ingredients are whipped into a bernaise of
collective disdain

Knew I'd seen the shorter version of the NPR article somewhere before-it was on a beer can.

cigar-city_florida-cracker.jpg

The Cracker Cowboys of Florida were colonial-era settlers, often of Scots-Irish descent, who arrived in Florida when Spain traded their territory of La Florida to the English. The term Cracker in Florida usage relates to the whip these “cow hunters” used to herd cattle in Florida’s Palmetto Prairies. Called Quaqueros by the Spanish, these hardy and hard working Cracker Cowboys helped to shape the history of Florida, the nation’s oldest cattle raising state. We brew Florida Cracker White Ale with unmalted wheat, orange peel and coriander and then ferment it with a Belgian yeast strain to give it a spicy and dry finish. Perfect for a warm day on the Palmetto Prairie.

From their mission statement.

The mission of "The Wake Forest Review" will be to question the tradition of progressive higher education and preserve conservative principles by providing fair and enlightening journalism that educates the community from a libertarian and conservative perspective.

So, in other words "not a conservative outlet".

lol

Using "progressive" as a pejorative in politics is weird, but there's a certain logic to it. Using "progressive" as a pejorative in relation to higher education is inexact and dumb. That mission statement gets a gentleman's C

this wolfe tool needs to watch the naggers south park episode. though he’s probably not self aware enough to get it.

Back