• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake in Daily Caller

If a black speaker from the College Democrats was handed a bottle of Colt 45 following a panel talk and later his/her picture was superimposed on a bucket of KFC during a group chat you hypocrites would be losing your collective minds.

If a black speaker from the College Democrats was handed a bottle of Colt 45 following a panel talk and later his/her picture was superimposed on a bucket of KFC during a group chat you hypocrites would be losing your collective minds.

probably because black people have a harder time in society than white men from upper middle class

outrage for outrage's sake. republicans complain about the left doing it all the time

probably because black people have a harder time in society than white men from upper middle class

So he should be insulted because he's a middle class white guy ?

This student is an adult who supposedly wants to move race relations forward but resorts to namecalling along the way. I guess it's totally expected to insult people on Twitter like it's no big deal, but when you throw in the context of being on a college campus and having the discussion happen around a campus event (namecalling and crackerface photoshop), there's an expectation that a private university will hold students to the same standard and act to mediate or censure.

Melissa Harris Perry told the white guy that he should talk to the administration about what was said.

So he should be insulted because he's a middle class white guy ?

This student is an adult who supposedly wants to move race relations forward but resorts to namecalling along the way. I guess it's totally expected to insult people on Twitter like it's no big deal, but when you throw in the context of being on a college campus and having the discussion happen around a campus event (namecalling and crackerface photoshop), there's an expectation that a private university will hold students to the same standard and act to mediate or censure.

Melissa Harris Perry told the white guy that he should talk to the administration about what was said.

maybe he does deserve to be insulted because he's white guywho also happens to be ignorant. that is possible.

personally, i think this incident has way more to do with Twitter/internet interactions and the removing of the decorum that prevails in real life than race relations

So the stereotype is white people eat a lot of crackers?

Not really. The person who called the guy a cracker is now a target of Fox News. That's the punishment.

So the Wake Forest Bias Office is now outsourcing its responsibilities to Fox News?

Solid investment of the tuition dollars to be sure.

Hmm. Don't see that distinction made here:

A bias incident is an act or behavior consciously or unconsciously motivated by the offender’s bias against facets of another’s identity. As stated in the University’s Equal Opportunity Policy, these facets include: race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, disability and veteran status. Bias may be directed toward an individual or group. Bias may contribute to creating an unsafe / unwelcoming environment.

same group that thinks the 2nd Amendment gives you carte blanche to buy whichever gun you like in unlimited quantities

Do or did sophisticated whites call unsophisticated whites CrackAs? In my racist white privliged bigoted white dumb ass life, I’ve never heard one whitey call another whitey a CrackA. White Trash was what I heard.

I would imagine it came from black folks but not sure.

Nope.

https://www.npr.org/sections/codeswitch/2013/07/01/197644761/word-watch-on-crackers

There's an older usage but it was used in the Americas by Northern whites to refer to European-American immigrants who moved to the South.

risc and other white people on this thread, how does it make you feel when you hear the word “cracker?”

risc and other white people on this thread, how does it make you feel when you hear the word “cracker?”

It causes me to raise an eyebrow and think, "Seriously ? Cracker ?" If someone called me a cracker to my face I'd definitely call them out on it.

Ok but it sounds like Wake did address the issue, they just didn't think that it warranted a full judicial hearing

Do you think that it did?

Back