• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake in Daily Caller

You seriously don't know that cracker is used as a racial insult? And I'm the dumb one?

i know it's used as an insult, yes. i don't think white people actually give a shit except when they want to be insufferable prigs, like Ryan Wolfe

So, again, intent doesn't matter?
Are you unable or unwilling, dude? I think their answers are actually really challenging and debatable, and so I'm very interested to see your answers so we can discuss them. This isn't a gotcha question; I find your selective engagement on this thread really disingenuous. *this* is why we can't have productive debate.

Are you unable or unwilling, dude? I think their answers are actually really challenging and debatable, and so I'm very interested to see your answers so we can discuss them. This isn't a gotcha question; I find your selective engagement on this thread really disingenuous. *this* is why we can't have productive debate.

If you want a "productive debate", try not insulting people.

So cracker was originally intended to be a white person insult of poor people, then it morphed into poor white people from a certain place that lived in the south, then it morphed into white people in the South associated with slavery, then finally was adopted as an African American term for a white bigoted person.

So to me it doesn’t seem the same as all these comparisons because in context it has evolved into a word that only came about because of the treatment of another race of people. So to me its like if you don’t want to be called a racist don’t be a fucking racist, if you don’t want to be called a Nazi don’t be a fucking Nazi, if you don’t want to be called a cracker don’t troll a black person online or express bigoted views.

In Florida, interestingly enough, cracker is a term of pride for white people who are multi-generational Floridians.

i'd argue no it doesn't because it was a nothingburger to WFU until Ryan needed some copy to write

Well, yeah. The whole issue is that the admin decided to (seemingly) ignore its own written policy which says that "a bias incident is an act or behavior consciously or unconsciously motivated by the offender’s bias against facets of another’s identity.", and make it a nothingburger. I say seemingly, because we are only getting one side of the story, which WFU has chosen not to counter.

Do i think Wolfe felt threatened? Perhaps. Do I think calling someone a cracker and someone a n* is equivalent (WHATABOUTISM!!!!)? No. But they both fall under WFU's definition of a bias incident, as written. And if WFU decided to pursue one, and not the other, then that's the issue.

it didn't ignore, it evaluated and decided that the policy was not violated. mind blowing stuff, i know

Asked and answered. Fuck off.

You actually didn't answer them, and that's why I asked several times. But fine, I get it, you're not interested in actually thinking more deeply about the leaps in logic you are making (or have been trained to make).

I'll ask a different question: what do you think about the term "white bread" to describe a white person? Is it racist? In your opinion, is this different than "cracker" or the image of a saltine?

ETA: the two additional questions.

Last edited:
No, when Wolfe asked to follow the procedure (open up a judicial case), they refused.

because they evaluated the situation and decided, as a private entity, that the action didn't warrant it.

just because some white kids think it's some sort of PC Deep State cover up doesn't mean it is.

Last edited:
Back