• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake/Pitt

Yea. I couldn't watch till the last 8 minutes of the game due to a dinner party. I feel like all I saw was fouls and free throws down the stretch. Miserable product.
I blame this asshole

1ff07f478b2dc5d8594c14ce32f12b55.jpg

Dinos had 7/7 in 26 minutes. He also blocked out well to allow our guards to get a number of defensive rebounds. He helped in ways he hadn't his first two years.

Dinos had 7/7 in 26 minutes. He also blocked out well to allow our guards to get a number of defensive rebounds. He helped in ways he hadn't his first two years.

Don't care what his final stats were. Dinos was awful tonight as he has been most of the season and he is a complete liability for us on offense and defense. We're far better off with McClinton or Moore beside Collins.

Let's be honest - after they gave Pitt the ball with 5 seconds or whatever left, there was a 95% chance that Pitt was going to fumble the inbounds pass, pick it up after a scrum, and then have some guy who has made 5 threes all year bank one in from about 35 feet out as the buzzer goes off.

Pretty much what I was thinking at the time. Or Young was going to hit a 3.

Deacs won a game with defense! Pitt got some good looks near the end, but for most of the second half the team seem focused on not giving Pitt daylight beyond the three point line.

Some of you people gotta learn to enjoy a win. Tennessee, Clemson and GT have all lost in the past 48 hours. Enjoy it. We're moving on to face at top 10 team at home with a weeks rest. Lets hype this game up and keep the season alive!

i'm super pumped! I hope we it ALL ON THE LINE NEXT WEDNESDAY!

Sorry, don't want McClinton out there except in an emergency or to foul, he is a black hole offensively and doesn't really play good defense either. Can't handle the ball at all but does do a decent job on the offensive glass. Dinos is not much better but he is bigger so that is why he plays (well that and his shooting in the LSU game). He did hit 5-6 FT's tonight, anyone think McClinton would have?

just finished watching the replay. Oh boy was Dinos was rough tonight, but he has been off for a while. Keyshawn had maybe the worst performance of his existence and Mitch woof. Holy hell, how did we win that game?! I've seen it now, but still don't believe it

Can't wait go back through this thread and read all the bandwagon fans.

Here were a couple of my favorites:

Crawford is a fucking idiot.

Just a fucking stupid ass fucking cunt motherfucking ass eating dickwad.

Collins with the sticky hands....love him.

I'd marry him tomorrow.

Just all over the place, Slim.

Arians block and then three a couple of plays later were probably the plays of the game. Critical stuff at a critical time.

Awful first half, great win. Good teams win shit games. Maybe we're good? Loved seeing Crawford and Woods celebrating at the end. Such elation! Deacs!

Just finished watching the game on tape delay. An ugly win ensures a winning season. A 7-0 run over the final 2:51 in the first half gave the team hope after a hapless initial 17:09 and the Deacs went into halftime down 12. Pitt maintained the 12 point lead until 14:36 remained in the game when Collins hit a jumper. From there it was all Deacs...and it was their defense that won it. When a team limits their opponent to one field goal in their last 18 field goal attempts, the Deacs had to be doing something right on the defensive end. Great effort deserving of a win. Time to watch a replay of the second half on FSS.

Deacs won a game with defense! Pitt got some good looks near the end, but for most of the second half the team seem focused on not giving Pitt daylight beyond the three point line.

Manning said after the game that the second half was the best defensive half we've played all year. Sounded very happy.

Crawford, clearly had a bad game, but apparently his bad game is 10 pts, 9 rbs, 5 assts, 5 steals, 0/5 from 3 (with some horrid shots), 4/7 from the line and 3 TO's

No ideas what was going on with him but our primary guards all played terrible.

My only theory is that the dook game took a lot out of them and everyone was hung over from that.

That really should be a much higher number when you take into account the 3-4 errant drives and horribly missed layups, attempted passes that went straight to Pitt players, and just utter lack of effort in going after loose balls/rebounds.

Here were a couple of my favorites:

Just all over the place, Slim.

Arians block and then three a couple of plays later were probably the plays of the game. Critical stuff at a critical time.

Awful first half, great win. Good teams win shit games. Maybe we're good? Loved seeing Crawford and Woods celebrating at the end. Such elation! Deacs!

Yea...I was....but was pretty consistent in pointing out the putrefaction of Crawford's "game" and the sheer awe of Collins' hands, agility, and awareness.

And btw, that's not bandwagon fandom....that's pointing out the obvious. Bandwagon fandom is only being a fan of the winning team or only when a team is winning....I'm obviously a fan, but was upset with the horrific performances.

Definitely a thread full of exclamatory regurgitation from all of us.

I chalk up the sluggish start to a post-Duke hangover. To their credit, the team persevered, and were able to take advantage of the fortune of Pitt playing poorly to scrape out a W.

Although I obviously did not watch the Duke game, they may have also had a hangover from our game, which is a shame.

The week of rest comes at a good time. I believe we need to beat UL or a similar team; if we lose to UL we may need to win three in the ACCT even with a win at VT.

When most of the O isn't working, you can still work hard on D. Tonight Wake did that in the second half and ground out a win. Probably a game they didn't deserve, but a small bit of makeup for games lost the same way.

I saw a Pitt game earlier this year against Maryland where they did the same thing, got up big and then stunk up the 2nd half...although Pitt held on for that game.
Tonight it was an ugly win, and I spent most of the game swearing and kicking furniture....but I knew we had a chance...a win is a win. Honestly, If #2 wasn't in foul trouble in 2nd half, we would have lost.
To stand any chance of beating Louisvile, VT or anyone decent later in the Tourney, our perimeter D and rotations HAVE to improve. Seeing 2 and 3 guys follow the ball on screens and leave shooters open ...time and time again... is hard to stomach.

All this talk about Mitch and Dinos is just symptomatic of the fact that we are still a few players away.

I appreciate what both do for the program but Mitch is C-USA material and Dinos was just a rangy big that wake took a flyer on when no one else saw the potential. Both are fill ins from Manning first class. Fuck you name redacted.

just finished watching the replay. Oh boy was Dinos was rough tonight, but he has been off for a while. Keyshawn had maybe the worst performance of his existence and Mitch woof. Holy hell, how did we win that game?! I've seen it now, but still don't believe it

Nice to win a game where we wonder why versus how many we have lost and thought WTF

Back