• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake-UNC Game Thread - 8:00 pm

I mean what do you do when your two best players are in foul trouble and woods, mitoglou, wilbeken, and Moore are awful tonight offensively? Total cluster Fuck. Zone sucked but man would have been as bad with the foul situation

I am so tired of watching Wake play shitty basketball. So, so tired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dude we are exceeding expectations......just look at our kenpom rating......wins over ACC teams not named bc come later

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Oh man, I miss the days of Skip. That was ten years ago but it might as well be 25. Different era of Wake basketball.

I bet if you asked Manning "Do you think we can win if Crawford plays less than 30 minutes?" He would say "No way."

Crawford has played 11 by Manning's decision.

Crawford is +4
Collins is +3

Everybody else with decent playing time is minus double digits. Wilbekin is -14. Childress was -5 in 2 min.

Last edited:
Manning is not good. And I guess that goes for Childress, Ballard and Woodberry too.

Not sure why manning does not play Doral more. I would play him 20 minutes and have him foul the shit out of there big men. The same with Samuel. Get it physical and use Collins for finesse and covering forward.

What also isn't being mentioned here is that Carolina is one of the biggest teams in the country and we one have 1 legitimate post player.

For a top half ACC team, Crawford and Collins could be starters. That's it. Mitoglu and Woods are bench players for a single-digit NCAA tourney team.

I mean what do you do when your two best players are in foul trouble and woods, mitoglou, wilbeken, and Moore are awful tonight offensively? Total cluster Fuck. Zone sucked but man would have been as bad with the foul situation
You continue playing them. We have a much better chance of success playing our two best players while in foul trouble and risking them fouling out than just going to our god awful bench and letting them get their doors blown off.

Red Panda at halftime. Good to finally see some talent on the court.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Not sure why manning does not play Doral more. I would play him 20 minutes and have him foul the shit out of there big men. The same with Samuel. Get it physical and use Collins for finesse and covering forward.

Yeah. I think Collins at PF would work well this game. Let the C play hard D.

Agree with this.

You continue playing them. We have a much better chance of success playing our two best players while in foul trouble and risking them fouling out than just going to our god awful bench and letting them get their doors blown off.

Exactly. Manning dictates when we lose instead of the officials.

Just rewound it and the ball was about 3 feet beyond the halfcourt line. Ref was 6 feet away. But, whatever. It won't matter anyway.

That's not how that works. The ball can cross midcourt until the ball or the person holding it touch beyond the line.

Yeah, they are definitely better. But you think we can't play better than that? Or at least better defense? Or at least have the right guys on the court?
The defense and having the right guys on the court are a symptom of the coaching. We have mid-ACC-level talent (maybe) and bottom level coaching.

Saving your players for the 2nd half does no good if you lose the game in the first.

Wgaf about the backcourt? Manning took a knee with 11:55 left

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

Back