• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake v Dook Game Thread

In 1974 or 75, it was 66-55, Wake over Duke. Final was 122-110, which I think still stands as the highest scoring ACC game.
That was ar Memorial Colesium, not the Joel. Also, that was when Duke and Clemson both had coaches named Bill Foster.

JAN 22 - 1975 Went to WF 122, Duke 109 game @Memorial Coliseum; Skip Brown had 35 points; the 3rd game using my midcourt Deacon Club tickets.

Beat them on the boards. Shots wouldn't drop. Poor f/t shooting. Dookies won @ the line...

At this point would you consider the glass half full or empty???

I don't understand not planting Doral in front of the basket on defense and telling him not to move

That is BS; Devin cemented this loss when he lost his cool and took his 2nd and 3rd fouls....

That is BS; the loss was cemented when the fucking ref decided he needed to show Devin who was boss and called the bullshit T on him.

A minor point but is this Plumlee the ugliest one yet? I mean the guy looks one step short of Down Syndrome.

On more important matters, you just cant win if you shoot as badly as we did in the second half. Missed layups, treys, free throws; you name it, we missed it. We must lead the country in shots that go in and out. We need a shrink to relax our guys.

Don't really know what to think... we were close, but I never felt we had a chance to take a lead and win.

Duke is better by a good amount. Allen and Kennard are both way more composed than anyone on our team and sunk us from the line. Letting Plumlee dominate was putrid.

Great effort from DT but he can't do it alone. Did Crawford have a bucket? JC had some nice plays. Good to see CMM back.

I don't understand why our defense is so bad, we seem athletic enough to put pressure on, but I guess not.

The one positive I take away from this game is that it was great to see Codi slicing to the basket. He kept us in the game a lot longer than we deserved to be.

Duke plays Chess, Codi plays Checkers. He has only one move (lay up), and can't complete the three point play.

why didnt danny put in the walk ons and have them start dropping 3s on them?

yeah, not sure why some people think we'll be better next year without Devin and Codi

Because we've won some nice games to this point with Codi giving us very little. Whether we can cobble together enough from the returning post guys and Mathias to replace Devin is the question.

If we don't start becoming a good basketball team and win some games against top 25 competition, we are going to have a hard time pulling big time recruits! We aren't going to see the Crawfords and JCs coming to become the bottom dweller of this redefined conference. Fuck, I miss Skip!!!!!

Really frustrating 3 out of 4 games. Should have beat X then we go take down LSU then play UL and Dook close where we had a door open in each game. Absolutely have to win the next 3 and get some swagger back going into the tarholes. DT and codi both had solid games but there were lots of shit 3s as well as piss poor rotation. Still encouraged but these last 2 really hurt cause we were there just never could snag a lead late in the 2nd.

Fun 1st half. Made the mistake of getting my hopes up on the Allen 4th. Our zone O was great then they went man and we froze up. Devin not subbing in was really bad.

A minor point but is this Plumlee the ugliest one yet? I mean the guy looks one step short of Down Syndrome.

On more important matters, you just cant win if you shoot as badly as we did in the second half. Missed layups, treys, free throws; you name it, we missed it. We must lead the country in shots that go in and out. We need a shrink to relax our guys.

I shouldn't, but :bowrofl:

Back