• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake v Dook Game Thread

regardless of the refs wanting to be the show, Duke was the better team tonight. Hard to win when BC, Dinos, and Wilbekin don't show up to the party. I really thought we had momentum coming into this game. We missed an opportunity tonight.

Anybody have footage of the Hudson dunk that's not ESPN?

A minor point but is this Plumlee the ugliest one yet? I mean the guy looks one step short of Down Syndrome.

On more important matters, you just cant win if you shoot as badly as we did in the second half. Missed layups, treys, free throws; you name it, we missed it. We must lead the country in shots that go in and out. We need a shrink to relax our guys.

nah., the ugliest will forever be Shelden Williams. awful post on ur part... (;

Let's please not whine about coaches not getting technicals. That is so insignificant. Nobody here can be surprised Devin got one. He's got a history and no doubt he quietly said something over the line. I thought we got well compensated for the 4th on Grayson Allen.
Plumlee went off because our perimeter defenders can't stop anyone from getting in the lane which caused us to rotate and get out of positions or he got the ball on a well executed PNR play. Not sure Doral would've had any more success. I'd trust Manning to know best about the state of our big men and don't think he's a great matchup for an agile hustle player.
We need to play better defense. They just kept scoring and even with Allen on the bench it didn't let up. Frustrating.

dm must have had his head up his recti leaving devin on the bench from the 7 min mark to the 2 min mark and 10 points behind then puts devin back in the game. I agree doral should have had at least a few minutes maybe he could have blocked a couple of plumlee shots. when plumlee beats you something is wrong with the coaching. very frustrating!

Disagree on Doral. Don't think that was the game for him. When Plumlee would come out to set a screen, what was Doral gonna do, hang at the basket. Plumlee scoring was not a coaching problem IMO. You have to give up something and he's a good choice. I think the plan was fine, but Duke has more talent (not by a large margin) plus gets so many BS calls on drives that it's tough to come away with a victory.

Nolan smith was sitting close to me tonight. He's also an ugly fucker.

Well I'm not sure how you want him to step up his game when he's sitting on the bench.

The only thing I saw was him slap the backboard support which would have to be the weakest technical foul I can remember.

Let's please not whine about coaches not getting technicals. That is so insignificant. Nobody here can be surprised Devin got one. He's got a history and no doubt he quietly said something over the line. I thought we got well compensated for the 4th on Grayson Allen.
Plumlee went off because our perimeter defenders can't stop anyone from getting in the lane which caused us to rotate and get out of positions or he got the ball on a well executed PNR play. Not sure Doral would've had any more success. I'd trust Manning to know best about the state of our big men and don't think he's a great matchup for an agile hustle player.
We need to play better defense. They just kept scoring and even with Allen on the bench it didn't let up. Frustrating.

who's got a longer history: Devin getting technicals, or ACC refs being heavily influenced by Coach K?

Well I'm not sure how you want him to step up his game when he's sitting on the bench.

The only thing I saw was him slap the backboard support which would have to be the weakest technical foul I can remember.

We weren't there, so we don't know (yet) what happened.

But god damned if it isn't convenient that the player who put up 17 and 9 in the first half gets a cheap foul and a technical called on him in the opening minutes of the second half. First one all season too.

There was absolutely no way the 4th on Allen was an offensive foul on Wake - he was moving. It could've been a no call, but when he went to the floor (shocker a dookie would go to the floor), he emphasized the contact and the call had to be made on him.

Just sayin; we'll never be a first class fan base if all we do is whine about the calls.

Nothing new here. It's the same story on every game thread. That's what spoiled brats do when they don't get their way: whine....and this board is chock full of them. They just came out in extra force tonight. I'd bet that if you went back and counted, there were easily more than 100 posts bitching & whining about referee calls in this thread....in spite of the fact that there were two more fouls called on Duke than on WF. The difference is that Duke hits its free throws and WF doesn't.....and, of course, that Duke plays great defense and WF plays shitty defense. Losing is always easier to take when you can find an excuse to blame it on something other than your own team's play. However, don't let the facts interrupt the nice little pity party that some of you are having.

Nothing new here. It's the same story on every game thread. That's what spoiled brats do when they don't get their way: whine....and this board is chock full of them. They just came out in extra force tonight. I'd bet that if you went back and counted, there were easily more than 100 posts bitching & whining about referee calls in this thread....in spite of the fact that there were two more fouls called on Duke than on WF. The difference is that Duke hits its free throws and WF doesn't.....and, of course, that Duke plays great defense and WF plays shitty defense. Losing is always easier to take when you can find an excuse to blame it on something other than your own team's play. However, don't let the facts interrupt the nice little pity party that some of you are having.

While you are very right that 1) we whine a lot about the officials; and 2) we suck at free throws, I think if you go back and look at the Louisville thread, I don't think you'll see much whining. That was a fairly officiated game. LSU was fairly officiated, but absolutely awful both ways.

There was absolutely no way the 4th on Allen was an offensive foul on Wake - he was moving. It could've been a no call, but when he went to the floor (shocker a dookie would go to the floor), he emphasized the contact and the call had to be made on him.

They didn't have to make that call, especially on Duke's leading scorer. Typically I wouldn't expect that call to go in our favor against them. If the refs were trying to job us, that would have been a no call or on Hudson.

ETA: I have no idea how I ended up quoting myself or at least looking like I did.

When we cut it to 2 middle of the second half, the team and the crowd all held their breath. It got very quiet.

dm must have had his head up his recti leaving devin on the bench from the 7 min mark to the 2 min mark and 10 points behind then puts devin back in the game. I agree doral should have had at least a few minutes maybe he could have blocked a couple of plumlee shots. when plumlee beats you something is wrong with the coaching. very frustrating!
Totally agree. Plumlee had like 6 dunks. Devin should've played through the 4 fouls.

Back