• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake-Vanderbilt GAME THREAD - 9/9/2023, 11am Allegacy Federal Credit Union Stadium - lightening delay

To each their own, I suppose. I think it's creepy that somebody's just tracking my posts to build some kinda composite about who I am as a person, but ymmv.
I thought the same recently when a poster that i had not even addressed directly went back and mined some tunnels posts of mine from several years ago and then referred to them as "foolish". You're right; some creepy folks up in here.

If someone wants to wear a mask or 5 masks, they have every right to do so without judgement from others, but the same should be said for those that don’t. If one believes that masks work well then by all means they should wear it and if they have that belief then it really shouldn’t matter what someone does, since they’re protecting themselves.
I’m going to phrase this gently….the mask isn’t about protecting yourself.

I thought the same recently when a poster that i had not even addressed directly went back and mined some tunnels posts of mine from several years ago and then referred to them as "foolish". You're right; some creepy folks up in here.
“I’m just asking questions….”

If someone wants to wear a mask or 5 masks, they have every right to do so without judgement from others, but the same should be said for those that don’t. If one believes that masks work well then by all means they should wear it and if they have that belief then it really shouldn’t matter what someone does, since they’re protecting themselves.
I will agree with this to some extent. With where we are now, there shouldn’t be any judgment for someone who’s not walking around with a mask.

But if you are symptomatic or tested positive, you should absolutely not be going anywhere and should be masking up to ten days after testing positive. That is just courtesy for other people. My assumption is that folks walking around without masks aren’t carrying Covid. I don’t mask generally. But I did when I had significant contact with someone who had tested positive. If you are carrying Covid, and don’t stay home/don’t mask, then yeah, I do kind of judge you. Because the greater efficacy comes when the person who is infected wears a mask, versus wearing a mask to protect themselves. That’s just being considerate of other people.

I feel fairly strongly about this because my wife has long Covid now, and has struggled with it for over a year. She’s suffering from extreme fatigue and neuropathy. And is now on a shit ton of medication just to get through each day. This also makes her highly susceptible and vulnerable to extreme cases of Covid Should she get it again.

get back on topic or suspensions will start being issued. no more warnings.

giphy.gif

i was excited to watch the full game replay posted on youtube earlier today, wtf was i thinking. even on the replay, half of the first half is totally missing. i guess its gone forever at this point.

i was excited to watch the full game replay posted on youtube earlier today, wtf was i thinking. even on the replay, half of the first half is totally missing. i guess its gone forever at this point.

yeah, you had to be one of the tens of people in the stands to see what happened on third and goal of our first drive

I will agree with this to some extent. With where we are now, there shouldn’t be any judgment for someone who’s not walking around with a mask.

But if you are symptomatic or tested positive, you should absolutely not be going anywhere and should be masking up to ten days after testing positive. That is just courtesy for other people. My assumption is that folks walking around without masks aren’t carrying Covid. I don’t mask generally. But I did when I had significant contact with someone who had tested positive. If you are carrying Covid, and don’t stay home/don’t mask, then yeah, I do kind of judge you. Because the greater efficacy comes when the person who is infected wears a mask, versus wearing a mask to protect themselves. That’s just being considerate of other people.

I feel fairly strongly about this because my wife has long Covid now, and has struggled with it for over a year. She’s suffering from extreme fatigue and neuropathy. And is now on a shit ton of medication just to get through each day. This also makes her highly susceptible and vulnerable to extreme cases of Covid Should she get it again.
I agree with this, if you have it as I did back in May and wore a mask and followed the guidelines as you prescribed above. I‘m talking about the non-infected public. Again, if one believes strongly that masks either keep you from getting it and also keep you from spreading it, then why should someone be worried what someone else is doing? Choose to wear a mask fine, choose not to if you don’t have it fine.

BTW, I hope your wife gets better, that is crappy way to live.

Last edited:
I’m going to phrase this gently….the mask isn’t about protecting yourself.
Exactly.

Asymptomatic people who haven't tested aren't exactly the problem here (though there's a broader side question about the ethics of testing before you're in a big group of people). If you know you have COVID and don't wear a mask if you decide to be out in public, then you're an anti-social asshole.

If you're not symptomatic or asymptomatic without a positive test, then it can be your choice about whether to wear a mask in public or not.

It's really not so hard.

The game will be replayed on the ACC network tonite at 10:00.

Exactly.

Asymptomatic people who haven't tested aren't exactly the problem here (though there's a broader side question about the ethics of testing before you're in a big group of people). If you know you have COVID and don't wear a mask if you decide to be out in public, then you're an anti-social asshole.

If you're not symptomatic or asymptomatic without a positive test, then it can be your choice about whether to wear a mask in public or not.

It's really not so hard.
That’s perfectly reasonable and I think where most people are at. I think both sides like to think the entire other side is the extreme of the issue. Conservatives think liberals are all wearing their masks in the shower and liberals think all conservatives wouldn’t consider wearing a mask if they had the black plague. Most people I believe are right here, if you don’t have it do as you choose. If you do have it ,wear a mask for the prescribed time, it can’t hurt.

Back to the original purpose of this thread, been watching my DVR recording of the game and my gosh that guy doing color is bad. I think every call that was even remotely questionable, he’s been on the wrong side of. The Garnes targeting call that got overturned, it was clear he came in with his head up. You know, the way you’re supposed to do it now, you know the whole “head’s up” campaign in youth football and all, but that clown said about five times I think the targeting stands???

Back to the original purpose of this thread, been watching my DVR recording of the game and my gosh that guy doing color is bad. I think every call that was even remotely questionable, he’s been on the wrong side of. The Garnes targeting call that got overturned, it was clear he came in with his head up. You know, the way you’re supposed to do it now, you know the whole “head’s up” campaign in youth football and all, but that clown said about five times I think the targeting stands???

11am in Winston means we got the worst-graded SEC officiating crew**, the worst possible play-by-play and "analyst" and then the weather flat-out sucked. I want us to get hot and make all of their lives miserable.... AGAIN!! Go Deacs!!!!
How funny would it be to see them forced to telecast an undefeated WFU vs an undefeated F$U in later October and actually give a damn!?!? Of course, it would be an FSU lovefest but they'd be forced to deal with us which most of them absolutely hate.

** Still probably better than 90% of the ACC officials which are horrendous.

11am in Winston means we got the worst-graded SEC officiating crew**, the worst possible play-by-play and "analyst" and then the weather flat-out sucked. I want us to get hot and make all of their lives miserable.... AGAIN!! Go Deacs!!!!

** Still probably better than 90% of the ACC officials which are horrendous.
Being there and having to wait out the delay was better than having to listen to that crew. I honestly think the lady doing play by play knew more about football than the color guy, who I assume is an ex-player and/or coach.

Being there and having to wait out the delay was better than having to listen to that crew. I honestly think the lady doing play by play knew more about football than the color guy, who I assume is an ex-player and/or coach.
They were the worst I’ve heard (and we’ve had some really bad ones over the years). And I’d agree that she was better than he was, but that is not saying much.

lol you referenced posts you had made on the Tunnels so I went back to see what they were. I didn't know it was 3 years ago until I actually saw them. They were also not as your represented them in the post you were complaining about.

Claiborne should be RB1. I have no faith in our coaches to make that happen. They seem satisfied with going to 7 straight post-season exhibition games and not truly being elite.

how did i do @IAppreciateIt ?

Back