• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake-Vanderbilt GAME THREAD - 9/9/2023, 11am Allegacy Federal Credit Union Stadium - lightening delay

How do you change the channel order?

On the app, on the “live” screen, you can create a “custom” list of channels. Once created you can remove or move channels. You can create separate accounts with custom lists specific to that account.

always makes me nervous to play in the rain because we are so pass heavy. but I suppose it wasn't an issue last year against Vandy

I’m on the free trial. We’ve had it before. Still like cable more. Will hold out hope that a deal is made with Spectrum.
YTTV is amazing. Legit have no idea why people stick to cable outside of familiarity but even then I can't imagine the adjustment to be THAT jarring. Can stream YTTV anywhere, 4k sports option, easily accessible and navigable recordings library, carries all the same channels as cable, and there's no contract or equipment.

Apparently deacdixieboy likes punching numbers into a rectangle to control a box like it’s 1987.

YTTV is amazing. Legit have no idea why people stick to cable outside of familiarity but even then I can't imagine the adjustment to be THAT jarring. Can stream YTTV anywhere, 4k sports option, easily accessible and navigable recordings library, carries all the same channels as cable, and there's no contract or equipment.
Yeah one underrated thing about YTTV is the ease of use on a phone or tablet. It’s so much quicker to load a game rather than the clunky ESPN app which doesn’t even have a watch now link right at kickoff time half the time. Plus you don’t have to enter your tv provider all the damn time.

On the app, on the “live” screen, you can create a “custom” list of channels. Once created you can remove or move channels. You can create separate accounts with custom lists specific to that account.
I stand corrected….used to only be on a web page but see it now on the app as well. Thanks.

I stand corrected….used to only be on a web page but see it now on the app as well. Thanks.

Yeah. That’s great. I didn’t know it was on the app either.

Another new thing this season I noticed on YouTube TV is that when you record a game, it gives you the option to record all conference games. Used to be you could only pick all NCAA events or a team. So now I have it set to record all ACC games so I can start them 30 minutes late and fast forward through commercials

I have Hulu and like it - we got Hulu because the Hulu Live/Disney+/ESPN+ saves $ (I have small kids - Disney+ is a necessity)

Hulu will shortly be owned entirely by Disney after they buy Comcast’s 1/3 share.

How much Disney then starts jacking ESPN carriage rates/fees for every other provider will be interesting.

I haven’t tried Hulu live in a few years but the biggest differences for me were 1) user interface in YTTV is miles better and syncs across devices way way better and 2) you can fast forward through commercials on YTTV but on Hulu it stops you and makes you watch commercials. Don’t know if that has changed since I last tried Hulu but I have had no reason to go back and try it

And this year they added the multi game option. Nothing sweeter than watching four football games at once!

The one obstacle to overcome to me with YTTV was responsiveness/lag because it's not a set-top box. But Xfinity and friends have all pretty much layered their boxes with network-heavy metrics feedback so I actually find that YTTV is much faster to operate than the X1 box or whatever it's called now.

Then FX ran that Simpsons marathon, and since I'd set YTTV to record The Simpsons a long time ago it recorded all 600 freaking episodes, now sorted by season and readily available anytime and skipping commercials is all good.

4k Olympics, multi-game watches, instantly turning on and off extra channel packages whenever you feel like it... Just an awesome service. Unless you like memorizing channel numbers I guess.

maybe my one quibble with YTTV is the lag vs cable so when you're following a game on Twitter you're usually a play or two behind since the beat writers all pretty much tweet a play by play

maybe my one quibble with YTTV is the lag vs cable so when you're following a game on Twitter you're usually a play or two behind since the beat writers all pretty much tweet a play by play

This is my main hangup. I pretty much watch all sports while intermittently checking Twitter or reading texts so I very much hate getting spoilers. This and the slower flashback between channels are really the only things that give me pause. I may give Spectrum until MNF to get this figured out and bolt if they don’t. Not having MLBN available kinda sucks if I move forward but at least we don’t have to worry about Ballys now.

You really get used to being on a delay. I've been streaming cable through HTC in SC for the last 4 years because they have a monopoly and give you Fire Sticks to use with their app, and I'm on a solid 2 min delay. Other than that, it functions the exact same as a cable lineup (because it is cable, just on their app).

Eventually everything will be on a delay once cable is done and you just have to worry about the folks actually at the game ruining it. I just put my phone face down when watching Wake stuff and text/tweet during the breaks.

Back