• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake - Virginia Game Thread

One road win in over three years. It just boggles the mind.

You are just saying what you want to happen. The win over UNC will get BZZZ at least 1 maybe 2 more years.

If Bzz is not terminated at the end of this year, I will not attend a game until he is gone, however long it might take . We are a poorly coached team and he can recruited a bunch of 3 star players and no big/ athletic players . Moto is the only semblance of an athlete inside but he is only 6'5". Poor Codi can't throw it in the ocean and Overton has neither the shooting skill or athletic ability to play in the ACC.

If Bzz is not terminated at the end of this year, I will not attend a game until he is gone, however long it might take . We are a poorly coached team and he can recruited a bunch of 3 star players and no big/ athletic players . Moto is the only semblance of an athlete inside but he is only 6'5". Poor Codi can't throw it in the ocean and Overton has neither the shooting skill or athletic ability to play in the ACC.

Been on that game plan for 3 years. Haven't missed a thing, either. (Surprising that attendance is up, no? Ha!)

The funny thing is Buzz didn't even have to win this game. If we looked somewhat competitive out there and lost by fewer than 15 points, people almost certainly would have made the argument that the program is making progress.

Actually, I think you should clarify what you mean. I doubt too many of us have a clue. I know I dont (thought you were calling for four more years, but apparently not).

Why is he allowing him to resign? Does that kick in some favorable parachute? Does Wellman not have the sack to fire his ass?

Oh trust me, he IS that idiotic.

It's like he has had multiple concussions or something. He gets the gist of the question...then spews out ridiculous replies.

It's got to be on purpose now, right? It is just sarcasm that we aren't detecting, straight trolling, or something... no person can be that idiotic yet have lasted for this long in their profession.

The most damning part of this game is we have NO OFFENSIVE plays which could get a single bucket inside for Devin Thomas.

Against UVA.

-13 in rebounding in this game. Woof. This team is awful at just about everything.

Why is he allowing him to resign? Does that kick in some favorable parachute? Does Wellman not have the sack to fire his ass?

I've always suspected RW begged Bzz to come coach here because he impulsively fired Dino without any back up plan. When no one he approached was interested, RW contacted his old buddy, Bzz. Now he doesn't have the heart to boot him after Bzz bailed him out. No evidence of this...just fits the picture.

We put our walk ons in with like 1:20 left. They put their walk ons in with like 3:12 or 3:14 left (can't remember UVA's specific).

mother -

I've always suspected RW begged Bzz to come coach here because he impulsively fired Dino without any back up plan. When no one he approached was interested, RW contacted his old buddy, Bzz.

Ya lost me....

The 'plan' was the Butler guy but he surprisingly said 'no thanks'. And then Bo Ryan also said no thanks. At that point Ron was caught in a bind....and we know the rest of the story.

Then RW's Plan C should have been Groce like many of us wanted at the time.

We put our walk ons in with like 1:20 left. They put their walk ons in with like 3:12 or 3:14 left (can't remember UVA's specific).

3:19. I saw the clock and thought WTF? Usually you dig into the bench a little shallower than the scout team at that point. Talk about calling off the dogs.

mother -

Ya lost me....

The 'plan' was the Butler guy but he surprisingly said 'no thanks'. And then Bo Ryan also said no thanks. At that point Ron was caught in a bind....and we know the rest of the story.

For gods sake, there are thousands of high school and college coaches so why did he stop the searc after just those 2 guys. Anybody would be better than the cretin we have now.

Back