• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake - Virginia Tech Game Thread

I just watched the 1st half. That was the best half of WF basketball I have seen in a very long time. Travis was his old self and the outside shooting was remarkable. I realize they cut the lead down substantially at the end; but that half we looked like a good basketball team. We ran crisp offensive sets and played fairly well on defense. Give credit where it is due.

You're joking, right? We let them score a layup so as not to foul and they hit two wide open 3s all in the last minute. Not a win that signifies much but it is a win. You sound ridiculous when saying the game was as close as the final score indicates.

Not what I'm saying. I'm saying that we beat a team that is bad when at full strength, but tonight they were missing 22 points worth of offense. Sure it was closer to a 12 point game the whole time, but even then, that is minus 10 to a healthy VT team.

Watching the replay now...seeing Travis's mom have a front-row seat as her son lights up his hometown team with all these first half 3s is worth whatever small impact this win has (if any) for [Redacted]'s tenure at Wake.

I just watched the 1st half. That was the best half of WF basketball I have seen in a very long time. Travis was his old self and the outside shooting was remarkable. I realize they cut the lead down substantially at the end; but that half we looked like a good basketball team. We ran crisp offensive sets and played fairly well on defense. Give credit where it is due.

Hitting shots certainly makes a team look better. Then came halftime and unsurprisingly, there were adjustments made that turned the game in VT's favor. CMM, Travis, and the significant advantage Wake built up in the first half kept VT from making the comeback. I can give [Redacted] credit for not actively messing up the game in the second half, but that's about as far as I will go for coaching.

And if you just watched the first half, then you would be right in giving credit where it is due. Unfortunately, it got a bit uglier, which also is credit to be given where it is due. I'd say that Buzz came out even, with his third road win in four years and against one of the worst teams in recent ACC history. Take that for what it is and let's come out to play against ND.

Not what I'm saying. I'm saying that we beat a team that is bad when at full strength, but tonight they were missing 22 points worth of offense. Sure it was closer to a 12 point game the whole time, but even then, that is minus 10 to a healthy VT team.

That's not really how it works. I'm sure the game would've been tighter if those guys played, but their mere presence wouldn't generate additional possessions. Most of that production would've come at the expense of other guys that scored tonight.

@RTD_MikeBarber: Wake's [Redacted]: “I was thinking about telling the bus driver to go to Wilmington & then Charlotte & just drive around so we can enjoy it."

Just focus on Notre Dame. We have a double-digit home loss staring us in the face if we don't move past this one quickly.

And if you just watched the first half, then you would be right in giving credit where it is due. Unfortunately, it got a bit uglier, which also is credit to be given where it is due. I'd say that Buzz came out even, with his third road win in four years and against one of the worst teams in recent ACC history. Take that for what it is and let's come out to play against ND.

Yeah, that's why I didn't watch the 2nd half. There is improvement in this team particularly with certain players; however, I fear that we could collapse at any moment.

Is ND that good? I mean I know they beat Duke and all, which is great for them, but they've lost @GT, @MD, and home vs. NCSU, and just beat this VT juggernaut at home by a whopping 7 points.

Glad to see Travis have a monster game for us after the tough week vs Clemson.

Richmond upset #13 UMass today. That's looking like a solid win for our NIT resume. And no I'm not joking, I'm excited about the prospect of postseason play for this team, even if it is just a stepping stone to where we really want to be.

#[Redacted]'d

Is ND that good? I mean I know they beat Duke and all, which is great for them, but they've lost @GT, @MD, and home vs. NCSU, and just beat this VT juggernaut at home by a whopping 7 points.

They were right beside us in KP, so no. Did move up to 71 in the last couple days though after narrow loss at FSU.

Sherman is good in the post and senior guard Atkins is efficient as well. Probably another tossup.

Looking at past history after [Redacted] coached road wins, we should be looking at a five game losing streak after this win.

I've only watched ND sparingly, but they seem to get reeaaallly bad if Sherman ever gets into foul trouble. Do your thing, Devin.

Looking at past history after [Redacted] coached road wins, we should be looking at a five game losing streak after this win.

I'll do my best to help the effort.

For the next 2 weeks I will just be concerning myself with the lovely eyes of one Juan Mata.

JUST LOOK AT THEM. SO DREAMY!!!

Juan-Mata-de-Espana.jpg

Back in the room, now. :) Returning tomorrow though.

Seen it before. Dinner wasn't over before it started though.

I was there Monday- today with the wife. I saw two dudes rocking wake forest gear yesterday in Hollywood studios. You happen to be one of them?

Glad to see Travis have a monster game for us after the tough week vs Clemson.

Richmond upset #13 UMass today. That's looking like a solid win for our NIT resume. And no I'm not joking, I'm excited about the prospect of postseason play for this team, even if it is just a stepping stone to where we really want to be.

Did you actually say "post season"? Post season ??? You are kidding right????

Back