• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake vs Notre Dame: Nov 4, 2017 @ 3:30 pm

My buddy and I are doing one of the bus/tailgate combos out of Chicago. Bar opens at 7:30 am, bus leaves at 8:30 am for South Bend, drinks on board and on the way back, tailgate part of the package once we arrive. Buses depart SB for Chicago one hour after game ends.

Bring some aspirin and drink water from time to time

My buddy and I are doing one of the bus/tailgate combos out of Chicago. Bar opens at 7:30 am, bus leaves at 8:30 am for South Bend, drinks on board and on the way back, tailgate part of the package once we arrive. Buses depart SB for Chicago one hour after game ends.

which one are you using? trying to find one just transport but they all appear to be party buses and i doubt i can drink enough to justify.

But for the injuries, I like this matchup for WF. Major letdown spot for the Irish. ND is coming off two huge home games against ranked USC and State. They play unbeaten and top 10 ranked Miami after WF. The win over State was a weird game. A few oddball calls went against the Pack (like when it looked like ND was offsides, it wasn't called, the State o-line didn't block, and it resulted in a pick 6). Then, the game got out of hand.

ND has a great rushing attack, but WF's rushing D is solid (albeit for the penchant to give up big gains). ND doesn't throw the ball well. Think WF can frustrate the ND offense because the game won't be as easy as ND likely anticipates.

Although the move was understandable, got to think that WF players and staff will be fired up to play well against Mike Elko's D (Elko is a rising star, right now) as he left WF for greener pastures.

Losing Dortch is obviously massive and Jess Bates is out that is massive concern too. Also, maybe the remaining winnable ACC games are slight priority, but the game does set up well for WF.

Line seems low - what was the final spread for ND vs. NC State?

Have to think they'll cover easily. We keep it close for 3-3.35 quarters and end up losing by something like 17-20.

ND was favored by 7 over the Pack (the line fluctuated between 8 and 6.5).

Even with the injuries, I like the WF side a little.

Do we have confirmation that Bates will miss Saturday's game?

Also - any news on Byrd and Carney?

Think that we'll know tomorrow at Clawson's presser about Bates, Byrd and Carney.

Hate that we're not going to be at full strength at ND with all the injuries now piling up. :(

Hope someone posts injury report here. Hate to play ND when the DC has our play book. Sears need to win it for Greg

Potentially playing without Dortch, Carney, Bates, or Byrd? Yeesh. It's a good thing we beat Louisville... Hard to think of a scenario where we go on the road against a top 5 team missing multiple critical skill players (and our MVP in Dortch) and stay competitive. It'll take a masterful performance from Wolford to keep our defense off the field long enough to hang in for 4 quarters. Feel like we'll need an early pick 6 or something else big or it might get ugly fast...

I know we've got some key injuries right now, but on the bright side this only emphasizes my excitement for next years team. Byrd and Dortch as sophs, Carney and Washington as juniors is shaping up to be a lot of fun for the next two seasons. Whoever ends up playing qb will have weapons.

What are ge odds clawson pulls Beal’s redshirt. Would have to think high if Byrd misses anytime, couple with Dortch being done. Guy looked electric in spring practice.

Back