• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake/VT

It doesn't matter who the coach is this year. This is year 5 of RW making the decision that where we were wasn't good enough and he decided on a new strategy for WF BB that would get us in the mix competing for championships every year. RW believed he had broken the code.

So Ron how to you assess the decision you made in year 5?

What he did boarders on criminal

You've not recovered from 4 years of numbness.

I'm not remotely recovered. I wouldn't have known about half our games had there not been threads about them on this board. It's frankly an ugly team to watch with a lot of deficiencies. Especially compared to the team I watch live. It's gonna take a while to get back the emotional involvement - I still watch with a detached scowl.

At least I'm back to pulling for us to win again, I always felt dirty hoping that we would get embarrassed

Who didn't think that VT would score on their last possession? Please raise your hand.

Everybody knew that they would score, and everyone knew our only chance was to get the ball back and possibly score afterwards.

The Tech guy looked like he shoved DT as he tried to tip it. You're not going to get that call at the buzzer but it sure looked like a foul during any other part of the game...

Dinos' shot was a good look, too - he was just closer to the basket than he is used to.

At least I'm back to pulling for us to win again, I always felt dirty hoping that we would get embarrassed

I didn't root for us to lose. I just felt dead inside watching our games - watching out of morbid curiosity. Chairman Ron and Buzzdick killed something I loved for almost 30 years. I'm still pretty dead inside but have hope now that Danny will have us competitive (historically of course) within 2-3 years. Maybe then the flame will be rekindled a bit.

The Tech guy looked like he shoved DT as he tried to tip it. You're not going to get that call at the buzzer but it sure looked like a foul during any other part of the game...

Dinos' shot was a good look, too - he was just closer to the basket than he is used to.

Any Syracuse player watching that shot was sure it was going down.

We simply did not deserve to win. Our defense is absolutely pathetic. Rountree continues to gamble and lose on D. The play of the game was Rountree dribbiling the ball of his foot. Plus guys moving on wide open 3s, not going straight up especially Leonard. Madison coming in in the 1st half with a lead and immediately turning it over twice. We dont play defense and we do Not value possessions. Bad shots.

This is obviously a transition year but DM has got to pick it up. We are much better than Va Tech. It shows so little defensive intensity and outright competitive will to have a fresh go for 30 on you in the biggest game of the year. Pathetic really is.

Yep. But would rather win by 1 in regulation then go to OT. Agreed we are ungood on D.

It my fault. I watched the game and jinxed it. No wins if Silk watches this year.

Tough loss but glad to see Cody and Devin play well and have good offensive games

Back