• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Walker & Tabb Suspended Indefinitely Due to Violation of Departmental Rules

Win or lose, they would've played tons better defense.

This. I don't understand people when they say this isn't a big deal. We really needed solid minutes from these two down low next year because we were soft as hell underneath last year. Even with monumental improvement by Carson, we needed Tabb and Walker to contribute. They could provide minutes, fouls, defense and rebounding.

[Redacted] or ANY competent coach would have has that team in the Sweet 16 or Elite 8 and could have made the Final 4 with a good draw.

Bill Self couldn't make it out of the round of 32 with a more talented team, I guess he isn't competent either.

The Dino bashers act like Dino is the first coach in the history of college basketball to flame out with a talented team, when in reality there are many coaches who have won natties to have done that.

I'm sure we'll get the dreaded combo of "addition by subtraction" before the season followed by "well what did you expect?" by January.

We just had a thread about how Bz is barely recruiting true bigs. Well, we have a small ball team now. Let's see what he can do with it.

This.

Hey, what's uber talented Dino up to these days? Someone remind me. ChrisL68, what say you?

This is a big deal. If for nothing more than adequate practice numbers.

with no inside knowledge it myself, it is entirely up to these "kids" to be have as adults. or at least young adults. we all did stupid things growing up but once you get to college you know the difference between right and wrong, breaking rules or not. i do not blame bzz for their actions.

it is apparent that, for these two at least, bzz has not been able to get their attention or change their behavior in any meaningful way at this point. i don't know if anyone could have gotten to them. however, it is evident that bzz has not.

it is a shame for bzz that he has not been able to "show what he can do" since he has had a number of things go wrong. many of them beyond his control. however, his resume prior to being at wake does not bode well.

it is also not dino's fault. this is no longer dino's team and he has been gone for over a year.

and someone earlier said last year it was one of the worst seasons in acc history. to paraphrase rj - you are WRONG. LIAR!
it was the single worst season in acc history (only 1 win in a bad league with an average of loss of 18ppg if i recall). it was also, arguably the worst season in major conference basketball history.

Hey, what's uber talented Dino up to these days? Someone remind me. ChrisL68, what say you?

Working for ESPNU I guess. Who cares? He isn't our coach any more. You got what you wanted and I thought you would be basking in the success we were having since this change.

Instead, you are still trying to blame Dino for things that are happening over a year later.

same thing every other coach and a big time program in any sport does after they get fired. take some time off to evaluate where you want to go and what you want to do. if he interviews and never gets another coaching job again your "point" may have some merit. however, the likely worst case scenario is he ends up a career assistant or head coach at a small school. no shame in not being "head man" material.

it's funny that there might be one poster saying dino was a good coach. almost to a person they say he had his limitations as well as a few strengths. at the same time very few are saying bzz is a good coach. as dino he has strengths and weaknesses but the best that can be said is "give him time to see what he is capable of."

Dino was given a Ferrari and he stripped the gears, mangled the transmission, and backed it off a dock and into the ocean where it sank and everyone inside was lucky to get out alive.

[Redacted] was given a Yugo that got toasted by a 2 cylinder Stetson smart car during his first test drive.

Maybe [Redacted] is a worse coach than Dino, but how you could ever discern that before a single recruit of his steps on campus or by the severely flawed talent he had to put on the floor last year is beyond me.

Trying to pin another Ty Walker meltdown during summer school on [Redacted] is pretty hysterical.

bestest post

Dino was given a Ferrari and he stripped the gears, mangled the transmission, and backed it off a dock and into the ocean where it sank and everyone inside was lucky to get out alive.

[Redacted] was given a Yugo that got toasted by a 2 cylinder Stetson smart car during his first test drive.

Maybe [Redacted] is a worse coach than Dino, but how you could ever discern that before a single recruit of his steps on campus or by the severely flawed talent he had to put on the floor last year is beyond me.

Trying to pin another Ty Walker meltdown during summer school on [Redacted] is pretty hysterical.

I disagree. I think you can learn a lot about a coach when he is coaching a shitty team. You saw what a asshole Doherty was during the holes' 8-20 season. I think we saw the limitations [Redacted] possesses during our 8-24 season, namely motivation, in-game strategy, and defense.

If Bzz doesn't improve this team in year two, whatever the legit excuses, he's going to get hammered worse than he did last year. He'll lose whatever portion of the fan-base that doesn't already dislike him. I bet Bzz is begging to get these two guys back on the roster as we speak- we absolutely need size, even stupid, mediocre size.

Fair or not, he and Wellman won't be able to brush off another 7 win season. You can't point the finger two years into the past in college basketball.

7 wins. Wow. I watched it, lived it, breathed it. But it still stings like hell to see it again. 7 wins.

same thing every other coach and a big time program in any sport does after they get fired. take some time off to evaluate where you want to go and what you want to do. if he interviews and never gets another coaching job again your "point" may have some merit. however, the likely worst case scenario is he ends up a career assistant or head coach at a small school. no shame in not being "head man" material.

it's funny that there might be one poster saying dino was a good coach. almost to a person they say he had his limitations as well as a few strengths. at the same time very few are saying bzz is a good coach. as dino he has strengths and weaknesses but the best that can be said is "give him time to see what he is capable of."

Dino was a laughing stock. He'll never sniff a head coaching position again.

Dino destroyed the Wake program. Buzz's 7 wins would have been 3 under Dino. Dino sucked.

This is a big deal. If for nothing more than adequate practice numbers.

I really dont understand why people would think it is not a big deal.

Are we seriously looking at rolling in to a season with just Carson, Nikkita and Daniel Green as our front court?

Holy shit.

This is like losing two offensive linemen and having no backups. I mean, I know the line was shitty to begin with, but you need the bodies to even play the game. Can you imagine if Carson goes down with an injury?

This would be laughable if it wasn't my team, or if I didnt care. But I sure as fuck am not laughing right now.

This is a situation eerily similar to one I experienced a few years ago while working in New York. I do not believe it is appropriate to exchange hugs and kisses in the workplace (or study hall), but it is especially disturbing when one of the parties is clearly not reciprocating. Both times it was a very uncomfortable situation to witness and I felt like I had to do the right thing and notify the correct administrators.

According to WXII last evening, the staff reported that neither player is officially off the team. Sounds like there is a possibility of their return.

According to WXII last evening, the staff reported that neither player is officially off the team. Sounds like there is a possibility of their return.

revolving-door.jpg

Back