• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Walker & Tabb Suspended Indefinitely Due to Violation of Departmental Rules

sounds like the staff needs to put a tad more emphasis on character during the recruiting process

Nothing good has ever come from Ty Walker at Wake. Is it fair to assume it sounds like Ty roped Tabb into this incident or are they both equally at fault?

We are better without him even if Ryan Keenan is playing instead. Better is obviously a relative term. The shots he did block were negated by the ones he went for and left the offensive boards wide open for an easy putback.

The problems in his head are too much for any coach to fix, I honestly believe that.

All joking aside - what in the name of God is going on with your basketball program? It seems to be in complete disarray/collapse.

sounds like the staff needs to put a tad more emphasis on character during the recruiting process

They are. Believe me, they are.

The kinds of kids that would do the sort of things that warrant being kicked off the team are not being recruited by this staff. Of course, there will always be one or two that slip through the cracks and go nuts once they are away from home. That's just the nature of the beast. But WFU has had an epidemic of idiots on the basketball team lately.

Personally, I would much rather be embarrassed on the court than off. And this incident is embarrassing.

Personally, I would much rather be embarrassed on the court than off. And this incident is embarrassing.

What sucks is being embarrassed by both. This might be easier to swallow if we were not god awful on the court.

We may not want this incident to come out if it is embarrassing as KVegas is making it sound.

We may not want this incident to come out if it is embarrassing as KVegas is making it sound.

If the police might get involved then that wouldn't be our choice, unfortunately.

Another PR nightmare. Bueno!

As the hits keep on coming in the PR on the basketball court, it is becoming increasingly obvious why Dino had to go when Wellman fired him imo.

I'd much rather sit on my hands hoping Green turns into something resembling Special than continue to ring my hands at the thought of what Ty could have been.

I still say if Skip Prosser is alive today, Ty Walker is a much mature human being and would have been far more productive on the bball court. You could argue he suffered as much from that loss as anyone outside Skip's family.

Walker did drop me as a facebook friend at some point in the last four or five months, so at least he's maturing in some ways.

I .

Ty Walker is not, never was, and never will be good.... period. How people hold onto 1 good game out of how many he has been a part of boggles my mind. Just because you are tall, doesn't mean you can play.... move on already....he stinks... Right now, this team is no better due to Ty Walker status.... Tabb is a different story, because he deserves at least 1/10th the amount of time to develop that we gave Ty....

So has what they actually did come to light yet?

Maybe this will all be too much for Buzz to handle and he will resign..

That's about the only positive I could see coming out of all of this!

Good to hear that Walker may not be back.

For some reason I'm still holding out hope for Tabb. Probably just the overall lack of bodies and the fact that he's not Ty Walker.

No, its not.

If he has done something that is worthy of being kicked off the team then yes it is.

Its never good to hear that a kid has thrown away a chance very few people get. I'm not saying if he did something wrong he shouldn't be kicked off. But it is never "good to hear."

Back