• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WaPo’s David Ignatius & Morning Joe say Biden should not run in 2024

Biden’s campaign was mistaken when they believed they could elevate Kamala’s popularity from her floundering Presidential campaign, but it would be an even bigger mistake to replace her on the ticket. It would look like a panic move, it would create infighting and divisions amongst the voting base at the exact time he needs them to be united, and it would piss off Biden’s strongest and most loyal voting bloc.

Harris hasn't done anything horrible or wrong that would cause her to be removed from the ticket. She just kinda sucks overall, like she did in 2020.

i have to agree, Dems should stay strong on current ticket. i haven't see anyone assert themselves as a fresh new look (that could move the needle), so keep with the current ticket. it looks like they will beat trump again, or any other Rep ticket.

Harris hasn't done anything horrible or wrong that would cause her to be removed from the ticket. She just kinda sucks overall, like she did in 2020.

Why? Defaulting to 2020 seems like you haven’t kept up with her over the last three years.

Ignatius says today that neither Biden nor Harris should run in 2024. 69% of Dems think he is too old & 77% of the public think he’s too old to be effective after 2024. As for Harris, Ignatius says she is less popular than Biden at only 39.5% approval. She has failed to gain traction even in her own party.

Morning Joe said on Wednesday that every Democrat he has spoken to “privately” believes Biden is too old to run for reelection! Reverend Al “is hearing it as well.”
Do you still support Trump? If so, just give it up about Biden.

For what it’s worth - from just a simple eye test - Trump is far closer to death than Joe.
If you painted Joe orange and gave him a blonde wig, he might look only 75. Like Trump, but only 150 pounds lighter.

So is your contention that running Biden + 60 year old Harris is significantly more attractive than Biden + 69 year old Cooper to young voters?

On the African American side, adding Harris to the ticket didn’t produce any statistically significant difference than Hillary’s run in 2016.

I thought it was established that Biden won by attracting a greater percentage of moderate whites in swing states than Hillary did. I’m not sure how Democrats can overtly attract young, urban minorities without risking moderate whites. Maybe turnout is huge regardless going forward or at least with Trump involved, but if so, the young and African American vote is known to largely favor Democrats by default.

I’m no Democrat anyway, so I wouldn’t much care except I think a second Trump term could be the end of the United States. And the Republicans that refuse to eliminate Trump (and Trumpism) as a possibility are almost equally dangerous. So I’ll gladly vote for Biden if he and Trump are the options, but I’d vote for almost anyone in the world if Trump was the other option.

I’d vote for a large chunk of the world over Biden though, assuming Trump isn’t there.
You hit the nail on the head.

For what it’s worth - from just a simple eye test - Trump is far closer to death than Joe.
If anyone can seriously say that and not be laughing while they say it then I question any thought they would ever have....ever

For a group of people that hate Trump why don't you quit bringing him up so much? If the question is asked "is Biden too old for many voters to be comfortable with?" then it's always "Trump is old and unhealthy too!" Damn, just stick to the question without being so butthurt

If anyone can seriously say that and not be laughing while they say it then I question any thought they would ever have....ever

Seriously, BMI alone for someone Trumps age predicts earlier death.

Not in the medical field I take it?

I mean. Morbid obesity, multiple strokes, and 77 years old. Compared to AFib and mild peripheral neuropathy in an 80 year old man who exercises.
As a cardiologist, I’m having much more serious discussions with person 1. So yea. Not laughing. But happy to have a discussion about morbidity and mortality in septuagenarians, particularly in those who maintain some degree of physical fitness vs sedentary lifestyles.
Not defending Biden’s age or qualifications - but when they are used as the primary talking point compared to DT, that dog don’t hunt.

Biden is too old for many to be comfortable with. Ok. Now do his opponent. And please don’t stop with age.
The point is that all of you nitwits miss is that it’s not about Biden. It’s about having someone who didn’t attack the country sitting in its highest office. And that was just a gigantic fucking Cherry on an already massive pie. Presidents should be boring and not in the news for constant embarrassing bullshit. Or tweeting racist/sexist/homophobic/hateful shit. I shouldn’t have to tell my son that the leader of the free world is the antithesis of what he should aspire to be. Not saying “I want my son to be like Joe Biden” but, given the choice, who in their right fucking mind would choose the alternative.
We can argue about primaries and all that but it’s a waste of time. These are our choices. There’s an obvious one. Do you stand with an aging man who is far from perfect and, more than likely, had some shady business dealings as VP 10 years ago. Or…where do you even start and where do you even end? Rapist? Moron? Lunatic? Horrible business man? Coked out looney tune who shit his pants so often that his producers called him “the shit show”? Racist? White supremacist stoking? Treasonous spineless nihilistic antichrist, tear-the-world-apart-to-save-my-own-ass, show top secret files to Golf buddies at a clubhouse where there were certainly foreign agents snooping around, coup de teat throwing mongrel of a man?
But yea man. Biden is 80 and fell down a few times.

For a group of people that hate Trump why don't you quit bringing him up so much? If the question is asked "is Biden too old for many voters to be comfortable with?" then it's always "Trump is old and unhealthy too!" Damn, just stick to the question without being so butthurt
Speaking of butt hurt.

Back