• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Watch Spring Game Live-ACC Network

So the billboard now reads, Fire Buzz, Fire Wellman, Fire Lobo because we all know that it will be the same shit this year right?

The #30 has been big for the defense. Shared by 2 guys...combined for 3 turnovers so far.

Need to move the game back on campus. Lacked buzz this year.

Offense will be the same this year. As much as Grobe says we are changing it, it looks exactly the same. The scrimmage is good evidence to me that Grobe is coasting into retirement. I haven't seen him coach at all during this invaluable time to be coaching and he just stands there like during games with his arms folded. It has got to be great being a Wake Forest employee knowing you can do nothing and cash checks year after year without being accountable. Was looking forward to football this year but in my opinion it is another 6 win year at best.

Offense will be the same this year. As much as Grobe says we are changing it, it looks exactly the same. The scrimmage is good evidence to me that Grobe is coasting into retirement. I haven't seen him coach at all during this invaluable time to be coaching and he just stands there like during games with his arms folded. It has got to be great being a Wake Forest employee knowing you can do nothing and cash checks year after year without being accountable. Was looking forward to football this year but in my opinion it is another 6 win year at best.

Exactly. That's why I'm #athleticdepartmentout until they all retire. I actually feel bad for you clowns that continue to pay their salaries. They don't give a flying fuck, why should you.

I didn't watch any of it; were the coaches on the field, and if so was Grobe out there? I saw a clip of The Hat at the UNC spring game on the field behind the offense and getting pretty pumped after a play. We need some of that (actually a lot of that).

Yep, Wellman's athletic department on full display. There's no way this offense will win games next season, and the defense was playing against another impotent Lobo offense, so who knows. I'd say we'll be fortunate to win 5 games next year. Just pitiful.

Well said. I don't see any way Grobe and Lobo aren't here for the duration of Grobe's contract. I think that's four more years.

I will say it again you cannot really judge the spring scrimmage there is always to many people out or not on campus yet. We were awful offensively yes, but I will reserve judgement until summer scrimmages.

We're judging things on a pattern established over several years, not on one spring scrimmage.

Then you guys have never been to a scrimmage since Grobe has become the head coach because he always does that and I wouldn't expect anything differently. Grobe is and always will be more of a ceo/manager and most of the coaching comes from the coordinators. Nepotism may kill us, but I will always like Grobe.

We're judging things on a pattern established over several years, not on one spring scrimmage.

But even during those bad years except for 2011 we were a few injuries, suspensions, and plays away from winning 7-8+ games and playing for another ACC title and this is what I feel many are failing to recognize. In the era's prior to Grobe we were nowhere near that.

But even during those bad years except for 2011 we were a few injuries, suspensions, and plays away from winning 7-8+ games and playing for another ACC title and this is what I feel many are failing to recognize. In the era's prior to Grobe we were nowhere near that.

You really do deserve this joke of a program.

The rest of us don't. You wanna go ahead and let me pick your avatar now or do I need to wait until we hit 7 losses in early Nov? Everything about this team (including our weak armed, happy footed QB) sucks.

But even during those bad years except for 2011 we were a competent offense away from winning 7-8+ games and playing for another ACC title and this is what I feel many are failing to recognize. In the era's prior to Grobe we were nowhere near that.

Fixed.

And no, I don't think anyone is failing to recognize where we were before Grobe. You really have no reason to be so condescending. Grobe's last three years look an awful lot like Caldwell's.

You really do deserve this joke of a program.

The rest of us don't. You wanna go ahead and let me pick your avatar now or do I need to wait until we hit 7 losses in early Nov? Everything about this team (including our weak armed, happy footed QB) sucks.

The bet was 5 wins and we will see. I want better as well I just wouldn't call our program a joke yet. Better in fball is much more difficult for us to accomplish than it is in basketball. But we are closer to bowling every year imho than we are the 2-3 wins seasons I have seen for 10+ years. I am not harming you let me choose to remain optimistic until I cannot any longer. Like I said after last season the outcome of this season, the offense, and how Grobe responds if we perform poorly will go a long way in how I and many others still on the Grobe boat feel about him. If we have another bad season and the offense is atrocious and he again refuses to replace Lobo I will be mad.

Back