• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Watch Spring Game Live-ACC Network

I didn't watch any of it; were the coaches on the field, and if so was Grobe out there? I saw a clip of The Hat at the UNC spring game on the field behind the offense and getting pretty pumped after a play. We need some of that (actually a lot of that).

Lobo was on the field actually pointing out to players where they should be. It seemed like he was trying to be involved. Grobe would just stand in the middle of the field with arms folded watching but saying nothing. I don't care if his style is CEO/management type, you still need to interact with the players and coach them. I wouldn't want to play hard for a head coach that doesn't do shit at practice or in games.

How did Kenny Moore do on color?

How did Kenny Moore do on color?

Solid. Obviously raw. Missed a few cues here and there and fumbled his interview a little with Grobe. All expected for a new experience. Lots of potential there, I think.

No pun intended there I'm guessing.

In the '08 Miami game, we ran the ball 52 times and threw it 8 times. Grobe said "We might have lost the ball game, but we saved the season." The O line needed to be forged to get them through the rest of the season. This OL needs the same. They can't afford to wait for the injured guys to return. Our WRs can't catch and the QBs think they're throwing to Shaq. This spring has been a waste of time.

How was the weather, crowd, tailgate scene? Any attempt from the athletic dept./admin. to work the crowd?

I know we have someone who is a parody UNCC fan but they had an impressive inaugural Spring game. Didn't think this was worth its on thread.
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/04/20/3994098/first-charlotte-49ers-spring-game.html

He and the rest of the Charlotte football team saw an announced 13,950 fans in the stadium—which holds 15,300—for the program’s spring game, which resulted in a 26-3 victory for the green squad.

Did they play Wake transfers vs. everybody else?

That was some of the most pitiful offense I've ever seen. I'm predicting 4-8 this year.

Read MTOW. We really didn't show anything to keep BC in the dark. Nakita said we only ran 5 plays. Said it (defense) was the easiest practice they had all spring.

That was just weird. Who cares if the next team sees tape? The next team usually sees tape before the next game. If that's our big plan, that's only going to work once maybe twice. The 2008 season is an example. We used the jumbo spread and it fooled Baylor and fooled Ole Miss to some extent. We scored 41 and 30 in those games. We only scored 30 once the rest of the season in a 33-30 OT win vs. Duke. The 5 games in between we scored 12, 17, 12, 0, and 10. The two 12s were wins.

But it does fit what will likely happen. We'll beat Presby similar to how we beat them in 2010 to start off a 3-9 season. We'll either play BC close or beat them in a shootout to start off 2-0. ULM gets a game (two if Presby is on ESPN3) of tape and limits our offense so we lose or win close. Same with Army. Then we get blown up starting with Clemson.

That was just weird. Who cares if the next team sees tape? The next team usually sees tape before the next game. If that's our big plan, that's only going to work once maybe twice. The 2008 season is an example. We used the jumbo spread and it fooled Baylor and fooled Ole Miss to some extent. We scored 41 and 30 in those games. We only scored 30 once the rest of the season in a 33-30 OT win vs. Duke. The 5 games in between we scored 12, 17, 12, 0, and 10. The two 12s were wins.

But it does fit what will likely happen. We'll beat Presby similar to how we beat them in 2010 to start off a 3-9 season. We'll either play BC close or beat them in a shootout to start off 2-0. ULM gets a game (two if Presby is on ESPN3) of tape and limits our offense so we lose or win close. Same with Army. Then we get blown up starting with Clemson.

Army should have won last year.. not sure who is back for them

BC will have no idea what hit them when we turn loose our well oiled option attack.

We either run it up the center's ass or lineup in a shotgun formation on 3rd down. Our competition has known this for more than eight years.
I'm really not sure what we're fearing five months before the season begins.

Lobo was on the field actually pointing out to players where they should be. It seemed like he was trying to be involved. Grobe would just stand in the middle of the field with arms folded watching but saying nothing. I don't care if his style is CEO/management type, you still need to interact with the players and coach them. I wouldn't want to play hard for a head coach that doesn't do shit at practice or in games.

Have you never seen a scrimmage? He has done that since he came here that is just his style.

Read MTOW. We really didn't show anything to keep BC in the dark. Nakita said we only ran 5 plays. Said it (defense) was the easiest practice they had all spring.
That's just great. Is there anything this offense can do well? If you remember the 2nd half of the SEC-CG. Alabama came out and said they're going to run the ball down UGA's throat. That O-Line owned the Bulldogs. It's not like LOBO is running the Green Bay sweep. If the O-Line wanted to run for 150 yds, they should have pushed the D for more 1st downs.

Terrible scrimmage. After the collapse last year and the miserable bball season, the athletic dept promotes up the scrimmage and gets a large crowd out to see that crap. Disgusting. The scrimmage had a terrible format and the offense looked like a jv offense scrimmaging a varsity defense.

Maybe instead of belly-flops and softball or kids should work a little more on blocking and passing. And I call BS on the don't show BC tape. Grobe has always had open practices, so anyone could see the game plan for the next week, just by stopping by the wall. Color me unimpressed.

Back