• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Watermelon Milkshakes

Here's another debate worth having:

What is the best Cookout in Winston? I vote for Peter's Creek.

Here's another debate worth having:

What is the best Cookout in Winston? I vote for Peter's Creek.

I gotta go with University location. Been there at least 100+ times. They've messed up my order exactly 3 times.

do any of the ones in winston have the double left window pick-ups? The one I went to in Gastonia had this and it made for easy picking on the quicker line. Here I'm stuck with the left window pick-up if i'm by myself and don't want to reach over and grab my food.

that one in gastonia also always had decent looking chicks working there. :noidea:

do any of the ones in winston have the double left window pick-ups? The one I went to in Gastonia had this and it made for easy picking on the quicker line. Here I'm stuck with the left window pick-up if i'm by myself and don't want to reach over and grab my food.

that one in gastonia also always had decent looking chicks working there. :noidea:

i just wasn't thinking one time when i just chose the shorter line and ended up with the right window pick-up while i was alone. i had to climb over the center console to pay. the guy said it happens all the time.

i just wasn't thinking one time when i just chose the shorter line and ended up with the right window pick-up while i was alone. i had to climb over the center console to pay. the guy said it happens all the time.

Yeah that lane is impossible in full size truck/suv.

There's a cookout on Battleground Ave. in Greensboro that was planned poorly. The right lane (which is naturally the most popular) backs up into the attached road, and after about 5 cars, traffic can be blocked on the side-street. The left lane does the same thing, but there's hardly ever a line, so I'll always go there even if I'm alone. Reaching across your center console > waiting 15 minutes and blocking traffic.

I maintain the best cookout I've ever been to is in Laurinburg. I made an annual stop there coming back from Sunset Beach. Had a chicken quesadilla as one of my sides. Also, they have the double left-hand window pickup.

oh i know that one HTTD. I hated it because then i had to try and make a left back onto Battleground. Usually just went right and made a u-turn in the diamond/jewelry store parking lot

Nope, none like that in winston to my knowledge. They defs did it right w/ the Gashouse one.

Nope, none like that in winston to my knowledge. They defs did it right w/ the Gashouse one.

double left windows, hot chicks (and during the weekdays too so likely older than high school). just wins all around there in the gashouse.

Western ave in Raleigh has double left pickups and is open until 4am.

Haven't read every post in here, so I apologize if it's a repeat...

CookOut is now open in Charleston. They put one in on Savannah Highway just north of that end of 526. As expected, it's incredible.

My favorite places for milkshakes:

1. Rainbow - W. Hollywood - huge and tons of Hagen Dasz
2. Bassett's - Reading Terminal- Philly- the best ice cream in the world but not as big
3. Hamburger stand - Century Blvd. - Inglewood, CA- just east of the 405 on the way to Hollywood Park (about two miles from LAX)- dozens of kinds of handmade shakes at an otherwise nondescript hamburger stand
4. Charcoal Pit-Wilmington, DE - the legendary hamburger place makes huge shakes. lots of ice cream, served with silver cup, uses Breyer's Ice cream.

Just got back with my watermelon shake. Thank you, God.

we went to the Cookout in Lynchburg, VA recently and that thing has a massive seating area. bigger than many McDonald's, Wendy's, etc. Never seen such a thing since I'm used to the W-S ones without any seating. Had been to the one in Kernersville and Salisbury with small seating areas, but this dwarfs them all.

My favorite places for milkshakes:

1. Rainbow - W. Hollywood - huge and tons of Hagen Dasz
2. Bassett's - Reading Terminal- Philly- the best ice cream in the world but not as big
3. Hamburger stand - Century Blvd. - Inglewood, CA- just east of the 405 on the way to Hollywood Park (about two miles from LAX)- dozens of kinds of handmade shakes at an otherwise nondescript hamburger stand
4. Charcoal Pit-Wilmington, DE - the legendary hamburger place makes huge shakes. lots of ice cream, served with silver cup, uses Breyer's Ice cream.

On second thought, this quoted post may have been a little attention-whorish. This thread is about Cook-Out milkshakes, and here I go adding unrelated comments about places I have been.

Apologies!

Western ave in Raleigh has double left pickups and is open until 4am.

My and my crew wrecked that place during my bachelor party. Got hammered, cut everyone in line, kicked over a stack of milk cartons and proceeded to drunkenly fall in the mud trying to get back to the escalade limo. It was great.

Back