• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Week 1 depth chart

I love the gold helmets and I think Wolford deserves the opening day start.

If we didn't have the gold helmets, we'd be bitching about how LOWF we are because we don't have at least 3 different helmets like everybody else.

Just as long as we're not trying to look like Texas (All whites).

I love the gold helmets and I think Wolford deserves the opening day start.

Yes, and as well as Wolford played against Temple in the first half, especially against a bowl teams that didn't know our plays! I think if he stays healthy, he can have a monster year.

I agree Reff. Give him credit he's a tough young man with lots of heart. In over 50 years of watching Wake football I can't remember a quarterback getting hit as much as he has.

I think we have to be realistic about the 2017 season based on the schedule. 4 or less wins won't surprise me, and 5 or more is a fine accomplishment IMO. Our talent deficiency on the oline and key positions on offense just makes upsets against strong opposition unlikely without a defense like ly.

I'd rather us have gold LSU helmets or some mustard darker version than the cheesy, not ND gold domes.

Rewatched the Military Bowl yesterday and really like the golds.

I like winning.......regardless of the helmets

I agree we need both. Kind of happy that Wolford being a senior gets to play behind what hopefully will be a better ol. Hinton still has three years to continue to improve.

I would love to see an improved OL, but just because bad players are a year older, does not make them any better. Hopefully, the linemen just need time to get better and we will see it this year.

I would love to see an improved OL, but just because bad players are a year older, does not make them any better. Hopefully, the linemen just need time to get better and we will see it this year.

The old Coach Tate mantra: The good news is we have everybody back.....the bad news is...we have everybody back.

I agree we need both. Kind of happy that Wolford being a senior gets to play behind what hopefully will be a better ol. Hinton still has three years to continue to improve.

How in the hell does Hinton still have 3 years left? He is going to be the Robbie Hummel of college football.

One concern is that yet again there is a different guy at center making the line calls. Maybe Wake finally gets this right this year?

The O-line is still young but critical spots (LT in particular) are older and more experienced. Ideally the O-line starters should be RS seniors and juniors.

In my ideal world the starters are two RS srs and three RS jrs every year because one of the jrs gets drafted by the NFL. But that only happens in my dreams (and maybe at Alabama).

How in the hell does Hinton still have 3 years left? He is going to be the Robbie Hummel of college football.

Hinton played as a freshman, then was injured in the third game of his soph year and was a medical redshirt. Thus he enters this season as a RS soph. If he gets hurt again then you can talk "Robbie Hummel"

The WF official website lists Hinton as a RS Soph and states that "(Hinton) earned a redshirt season after suffering a knee injury in Week 3 against Delaware".

Hinton played as a true a frosh in 2015, and he played 3 games last year. I thought that he would need the NCAA to declare Hinton as medical hardship after his 4th year, but he apparently didn't play enough last year for it to count as a year of eligibility.

Last edited:
Back