• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Week 1 depth chart

Completely agree a lot of people's view of Wolford is based on their recollection of the year he got destroyed behind one of the worst offensive lines ever.

Well, mine has a lot more to do with Tulane, Duke, and losing to BC and Army.

That said, if our O line is actually decent now, I think that changes things and is probably advantage Wolford. I think Clawson deserves the benefit of the doubt here.

People's view of Wofford has been due to the fact he has been completely ineffective before the temple game. That's said he looked good in that game and it seemed to look really good in practice so throw him in there with a short leash

I agree. He tries to do things that he doesn't do well. He forces the ball when throwing it out of bounds would do.

I agree. He tries to do things that he doesn't do well. He forces the ball when throwing it out of bounds would do.

Yep. We always talk about how the touch rule in practice limits Hinton's effectiveness. Maybe Wolford is more effective in practice because he knows he's not going to get hit.

He's a tough kid but it's a thought.

Has Wofford really been effective in practice up until this last year?

No. That's the cause for optimism.

maxresdefault.jpg

that's how you spell his name. It's year 4 fellas. come on now

The mind numbing, back breaking INT's. Sweetness and light today. We forget.

The O line deficiencies have not been helped by the Clawson offensive scheme. He has chosen to run his scheme until the O line caught up. I have my doubts and Still not sold on his scheme.

By all reports, Wolford has played well in camp and certainly had a great 1/2 against Temple. Ultimately, I believe Hinton ends up as the starter but I have no issue with him running second team right now.

Wolford sucks. Too lazy to start the prediction thread but i see 4 wins.

Wolford sucks. Too lazy to start the prediction thread but i see 4 wins.

Well if Wolford "sucks" and he legitimately beat out the other guys, what does that say about them?

I agree we need both. Kind of happy that Wolford being a senior gets to play behind what hopefully will be a better ol. Hinton still has three years to continue to improve.

Back