• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Weekly cell phone thread: NEW iPhone DISCUSSION GOES HERE

pretty sure it does this on all phones regardless of carrier? I use hangouts for texts on my S6 Edge, and can make calls from it
Right, but in my experience you cannot send SMS from a tablet or computer. But now that I'm on Fi, I can.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I find the iMessage Mac app and the rest of the phone integration with OSX pretty great. Ever since they added SMS sync so it wasn't just iMessages that came across both devices...

My wife has an Android and it's probably the one feature she's legit jealous of.

The rest of my work team is on Apple and I'm the only one who gets imessages on my computer but not phone and they hate it.

It's crazy how messaging systems are such a regional thing - I don't know anyone here in central Europe that uses iMessage as their primary method of communication with anyone. WhatsApp just has an absolute monopoly of people's text communication, no matter the platform.

Trying out my friend's 6s and had about 8 dropped calls in 20 minutes on T-Mobile. Never happened with my Moto X. Is that a thing?

Making the switch to T-Mobile from Verizon. Hoping the service in NYC is good enough

Making the switch to T-Mobile from Verizon. Hoping the service in NYC is good enough

I'm in downtown NYC and have 2 phones. The one on T-Mobile is my primary device and works just as well as my other phone on AT&T

Wow. First the yawn-city iPhone 7 and now the complete disaster that is the new Macbook Pro. Apple can set trends when they take away standard things (ports, headphone jacks, etc.) while providing something groundbreaking. At this point they're mostly playing catchup while taking away those things.

Sell all your Apple stock. If the iPhone 8 isn't a stunning redesign with some great new features they are headed for a fall. Really have to wonder what's going on leadership-wise out there. That "touch bar" thing has to be the dumbest feature I've ever seen.

Wow. First the yawn-city iPhone 7 and now the complete disaster that is the new Macbook Pro. Apple can set trends when they take away standard things (ports, headphone jacks, etc.) while providing something groundbreaking. At this point they're mostly playing catchup while taking away those things.

Sell all your Apple stock. If the iPhone 8 isn't a stunning redesign with some great new features they are headed for a fall. Really have to wonder what's going on leadership-wise out there. That "touch bar" thing has to be the dumbest feature I've ever seen.

is this why you call it a disaster? i have not really looked into it as i don't need a new computer as of now.

is this why you call it a disaster? i have not really looked into it as i don't need a new computer as of now.

That's just part of it. There's a joke going around that Apple's fastest growing line of products is dongles. They just seem lost to me. Multiple years with zero updates to the MBP, then they dumb it down and break a ton of features their most loyal power users loved. Buy a new phone and a new MBP - you'll need an adapter just to connect them. iPhone 7 headphones - same deal. Low end graphics cards despite high prices - way behind market leaders. No upgrade path from 16GB of memory. Ditched the much-loved hdmi port. And the SD Card slot. SSD upgrades still way overpriced. But hey they come in two colors now! Gray and different gray!

I'm a big Apple fan, just really disappointed in the last round of products after such a long, quiet run-up.

It's pretty dumb to get rid of the SD card and USB ports on your flagship computer that is primarily used by creative professionals

Two months with my free AT&T BOGO WF gold Samsung S7 and it's a winner.

So happy that I passed on the Note7 and avoided all that drama. :cool:

Back