• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Weekly cell phone thread: NEW iPhone DISCUSSION GOES HERE

Yeah, I'm on the iPhone 5 and looking to get the 7 when the price drops, presumably when the 8 hits, no?

My Galaxy S7 recently updated and now I am regularly sending typos and misspelled words in basically every sentence I type.

I can't figure out how an update would cause that.

My Galaxy S7 recently updated and now I am regularly sending typos and misspelled words in basically every sentence I type.

I can't figure out how an update would cause that.

Any ideas? It's becoming extremely tiresome. Every sentence I type has to be corrected. I've tried changing keyboards and making the keyboard size larger and smaller and it still persists.

Sounds like the update screwed with your touch calibration.
You could try recalibrating the touchscreen by going to Menu, Settings, Language & Keyboard, Touch Input, Text Input, under Finger touch precision, choose Calibration tool or even Reset calibration. (Where this is located or even if your phone has this varies by phone and operating system variation).

You can try this, but I have no actual experience with it.

Could also try the below, Samsung recommended it for someone with touchscreen sensitivity issues. THIS WILL RESET YOUR HOMESCREEN.
1. Go to Settings>>Application>>Application Manager>>More>>Show system apps
2. In Application Manager, Go to TouchWiz Home>>Storage>>Tap on Clear Data
3. Do the same for TouchWiz Easy Home
4. Go to Settings>>Application>>Application Manager>>More>>Reset App preferences>>Reset

If it still happens, I don't know. I guess try rolling back to an earlier upgrade to see if it works again then you'll know if it is the software or a hardware problem that crazily happened the same time.

Yet another Android snafu to file under "shit that would never happen on an iPhone."

iPhone question, please help.

In trying to back things up, I recently set my Photos library (on macbook) to sync with my iPhone, which I've only had since the fall. It immediately sent all the pics from my Photos library to my iPhone. Fine.

What bothers me is that it can't seem to separate phone photos (i.e. photos I took with my iPhone camera) from synced photos. My "All Photos" album jumped from 500 to 5,000 pics! Everything that synced from the computer exists in discrete folders but all my iPhone pics are interspersed in thousands of travel photos from my macbook etc. and it's impossible to scroll through them and find anything.

Can I have a folder of just cell phone photos like I've had on every phone up until now?

iPhone question, please help.

In trying to back things up, I recently set my Photos library (on macbook) to sync with my iPhone, which I've only had since the fall. It immediately sent all the pics from my Photos library to my iPhone. Fine.

What bothers me is that it can't seem to separate phone photos (i.e. photos I took with my iPhone camera) from synced photos. My "All Photos" album jumped from 500 to 5,000 pics! Everything that synced from the computer exists in discrete folders but all my iPhone pics are interspersed in thousands of travel photos from my macbook etc. and it's impossible to scroll through them and find anything.

Can I have a folder of just cell phone photos like I've had on every phone up until now?

itunes............

Galaxy S7 is a great phone- last flat screen apparently in the Galaxy series so I plan to hold on to it for awhile....

Has anyone ever taken a cellphone picture in the past 10 years and been like "man, I wish this had a better camera"

Yeah, though I'm not a huge picture guy. I read some reviews before I went to make the purchase and they all said the 7+ was worth it and, like TimDunk said, you get used to it in a bit, but for now I'm feeling like an asshole with a tablet in my pocket.

Has anyone ever taken a cellphone picture in the past 10 years and been like "man, I wish this had a better camera"

yeah, i do all the time, because I like to take pictures and not have to bring a separate camera, especially now that I have a kid

Yeah, though I'm not a huge picture guy. I read some reviews before I went to make the purchase and they all said the 7+ was worth it and, like TimDunk said, you get used to it in a bit, but for now I'm feeling like an asshole with a tablet in my pocket.

A coworker had me fix her email on her iPhone 4S and it felt like I was holding Zoolander's phone.

The only thing that took getting used to was doing everything with one hand while holding onto the rail in the metro. I can't just hold the middle and have my thumb reach the whole screen. Again, second nature now.

yeah, i do all the time, because I like to take pictures and not have to bring a separate camera, especially now that I have a kid

Are you a photo snob? I can't remember the last picture I've ever seen and said "that doesn't look sharp/bright enough"

i mean, when i look at the pics our DSLR camera takes and compare them to the ones my iphone 7 takes, it's pretty clear i'd prefer my pictures look more like the former

A coworker had me fix her email on her iPhone 4S and it felt like I was holding Zoolander's phone.

The only thing that took getting used to was doing everything with one hand while holding onto the rail in the metro. I can't just hold the middle and have my thumb reach the whole screen. Again, second nature now.

That and it's pretty tight in my hipster jeans.

Back