• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Welcome Dave Clawson - 430PM Presser (Clawson Wins Presser, OGB Gets E-Boners)

fWIW and to be clear I'm reporting information here as opposed to predicting. I made a presentation today to the AD's of the Atlantic 10. At the end of my presentation I asked the group if they had any questions and then jokingly asked if any of them knew who the next Wake football coach would be.

One of the AD's spoke up and said it was going to be Clawson. He then said he had that from a very good source.

Just reporting

Hope the rest of the ACC is ready to KISS MY SHRIMP & GRITS

ar13236868109934.JPG

fWIW and to be clear I'm reporting information here as opposed to predicting. I made a presentation today to the AD's of the Atlantic 10. At the end of my presentation I asked the group if they had any questions and then jokingly asked if any of them knew who the next Wake football coach would be.

One of the AD's spoke up and said it was going to be Clawson. He then said he had that from a very good source.

Just reporting

Haha that's interesting. How would Atlantic 10 ADs know anything about a Wake (ACC) coaching search into MAC country?

Pete Lembo vs. Dave Clawson (Lembo Never Offered? 9AM Presser?)

Clawson is 0-2 in bowl games. Does this mean Wellman is hypocritical for failing to hire a coach with postseason success?

DISCUSS.

I can't wait for the fucking idiots out there to wonder why we give Clawson our full support from day 1 but not [Redacted]. Should be an entertaining series of posts trying to equate [Redacted] with Clawson.

Where the fuck is bandwagon boy? We just might the football coach from that bowling college.

I can't wait for the fucking idiots out there to wonder why we give Clawson out full support from day 1 but not [Redacted]. Should be an entertaining series of posts trying to equate [Redacted] with Clawson.

Brett Friedlander from the Star News chatted up TITSWF today with comments saying Wake's fan base is going to be vitriolic about any hire regardless of who it is. He's a Grade A douche.

Wake fans will be supportive of Clawson, it's all-in-all a pretty good hire.

Brett Friedlander from the Star News chatted up TITSWF today with comments saying Wake's fan base is going to be vitriolic about any hire regardless of who it is. He's a Grade A douche.

I wanted Lembo, but I have zero issue getting excited for Clawson. We clearly identified 2 lead candidates early and landed one.

I can't wait for the fucking idiots out there to wonder why we give Clawson out full support from day 1 but not [Redacted]. Should be an entertaining series of posts trying to equate [Redacted] with Clawson.

Sounds like the newest DV7-led campaign to me!

I have no problem with the hire. I have no problem with how the search went down (based on current information) and I have absolutely no problem with Clawson. Remains to be seen if he actually does win here, but he certainly CAN win here.

Yeah, if we get Clawson, we should feel pretty lucky that Wellman didn't it screw it up any worse. Lembo was 1A for me, but getting 1B with Wellman in charge isn't bad.

He may not get the Lembo crowd excited but, compared to where this was headed if he said no, I'll happily hop on the bandwagon and give this guy every chance to bring us back from the abyss.

Watched the Mac game and the post game interview and he seems like a solid catch. Ready to head back to Groves in the fall.

I wanted Lembo, but I have zero issue getting excited for Clawson. We clearly identified 2 lead candidates early and landed one.

This sums up my feelings. Although, I would have been more excited about Lembo's hiring, I'm certainly not upset about landing Claws if that happens.

I have no problem with the hire. I have no problem with how the search went down (based on current information) and I have absolutely no problem with Clawson. Remains to be seen if he actually does win here, but he certainly CAN win here.

I have a pretty big problem if we even informally offered anyone $1M. But the outcome is good.

Back