• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Well, We Can't Count NC State as a Likely "W" Now

We play NC State 27 days from now. $100 to the boards says we beat them. You want the Wolfpack in that game?

No, I just never considered it a "likely" win. A game we could and would need to win to have a chance at a decent conference record, but not a "likely" win. So if State wins, does the $100 go to the banner fund or the billboard fund?

We can't count any team as a likely W, although, we can write a W in pencil next to the Stetsons of the world these days!

[/B]

Well, since you rejected the proposition, I'd say that question is moot. However, all my donations in these deals would go to the operating costs of these boards. I'm up to a total of $250 now, which I feel fairly certain is more than at least 95% of the posters who are always bitching about something.

Ha ha. BKF is our resident blue hair. We should get him a ogb sweater vest.

[/B]

Well, since you rejected the proposition, I'd say that question is moot. However, all my donations in these deals would go to the operating costs of these boards. I'm up to a total of $250 now, which I feel fairly certain is more than at least 95% of the posters who are always bitching about something.

Hey thats more than most people are giving to the Deacon Club these days....
Sad. But true.

[/B]

Take your Geritol before posting in the mornings please. Show me where I was picking State to win???? I simply said I certainly wasn't looking at the schedule and chalking it up as an easy W. Like you said we play State in 27 days, a lot can happen between now and then. What if Devin or CMM get hurt, what if a key player from State gets hurt? You're really dumb enough to want to lay $100 on a game 27 days out? Aren't there laws against taking advantage of old people?

Solid win for the Pack in Knoxville to a team that pummeled us on a neutral court. Our problem will continue to be not enough beef and height as we head into conference play
Tenn couldn't hit the broad side of a barn last night in the first half...and finished 29% FG/12% 3-PT after a way better second half. They made just one FG in the last 10 minutes I think. They came out very flat and no crowd. If they had played like that vs us, we would have beat them too. Like a 3rd day tourney day game, I'm not sure that Tenn game is indicative of much.

Besides, a much worse and short Wake team beat a much better Pack and ranked at the time team last year at home.

Tenn couldn't hit the broad side of a barn last night in the first half...and finished 29% FG/12% 3-PT after a way better second half. They made just one FG in the last 10 minutes I think. They came out very flat and no crowd. If they had played like that vs us, we would have beat them too. Like a 3rd day tourney day game, I'm not sure that Tenn game is indicative of much.

Besides, a much worse and short Wake team beat a much better Pack and ranked at the time team last year at home.

If candy and nuts.......

The sad thing is they beat Tennessee with Lewis only playing 8 minutes. It will be that much worse on us when he is back up in the 20s for minutes played.

They are a really hard team to figure out. They are young with some talent gaps on the roster and a coach that sucks at what he is does and is also a terrible human being. But they have some really good basketball players too.

We can't count any team as a likely W, although, we can write a W in pencil next to the Stetsons of the world these days!

Interesting Stetson story...........
The coach at Stetson when they beat us was Derek Waugh. He played basketball at Furman, went to Wake for Law School and then went to Stetson to fulfill his ambition as a basketball coach. He arranged the game at Wake due to his connections which took place during a perfect storm at Wake. When he set the game up, he did not expect to win and just wanted to have his team play at the Joel. We all know what happened.
After 8 years, he realized his future was not in coaching and he moved to Dalton, GA to become athletic director at Dalton State, who is resuming sports after several decades without. He has done a great job of starting programs in a variety of sports. The 'Roadrunners' are currently 11-1 in their first season.
Derek's a great guy and has some good stories about playing pick up games with Tim Duncan during his law school days.
He really loves Wake and it's ironic that he's somewhat of an infamous person to Wake fans.

Do we have a game between Xavier and Miami where we are expected to be the favorite?

Uh oh we're in trouble... Cow College's new team this season is still better than 4th year Bzzz.

Uh oh we're in trouble... Cow College's new team this season is still better than 4th year Bzzz.

What's Sidney Lowe doing these days? Is he available to coach? Would he be willing to change his name to Sidney LOWF?

Do we have a game between Xavier and Miami where we are expected to be the favorite?

Favored home vs NC State, Notre Dame, Georgia Tech, BC. 49% per Kenpom home vs FSU and Clemson

So, we should reasonably expect 15 - 16 wins this season. So glad I'm no longer invested in WF sports.

So, we should reasonably expect 15 - 16 wins this season. So glad I'm no longer invested in WF sports.

Well we have lots of game in the 25-40% range. The 17.5 O/U is basically perfect. About 50% chance of over, 50% under.

Well we have lots of game in the 25-40% range. The 17.5 O/U is basically perfect. About 50% chance of over, 50% under.

And, of course we will likely lose a game or two where we are favored. I'll take the under.

Back