• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Well, We Can't Count NC State as a Likely "W" Now

[/B]

Well, since you rejected the proposition, I'd say that question is moot. However, all my donations in these deals would go to the operating costs of these boards. I'm up to a total of $250 now, which I feel fairly certain is more than at least 95% of the posters who are always bitching about something.

I'll take NC State in the game on February 11th. $250?

[/B]

Well, since you rejected the proposition, I'd say that question is moot. However, all my donations in these deals would go to the operating costs of these boards. I'm up to a total of $250 now, which I feel fairly certain is more than at least 95% of the posters who are always bitching about something.

Great point. For all the attention this board gets due to various antics, the truth is that very few on here have any real sway in regards to the program's direction. If you want some influence, donate money. And not the $250 minimum to become a DC member. It's deductible after all.

Last edited:
State is definitely a team that's going to improve as the season goes on. A lot of raw talent on that squad. I wouldn't have ever called them a likely W. If TJ Warren gets Devin in foul trouble, we are screwed.

State is definitely a team that's going to improve as the season goes on. A lot of raw talent on that squad. I wouldn't have ever called them a likely W. If TJ Warren gets Devin in foul trouble, we are screwed.

Probably split with them.

Great point. For all the attention this board gets due to various antics, the truth is that very few on here have any real sway in regards to the program's direction. If you want some influence, donate money. And not the $250 minimum to become a DC member. It's deductible after all.

Many of us donated for years/decades, have been ignored, and have thus quit donating. From Moricle to DC minimum, I know tons of DC members who have cut back, if not ended altogether, their donations and ticket purchases.

1) The idea that we should donate shit-tons of money to the DC in order for us to stop employing the worst coach in college basketball is just stupid. 2) I'm not sure anyone has a pot of money larger than Wellman's ego.

Many of us donated for years/decades, have been ignored, and have thus quit donating. From Moricle to DC minimum, I know tons of DC members who have cut back, if not ended altogether, their donations and ticket purchases.

1) The idea that we should donate shit-tons of money to the DC in order for us to stop employing the worst coach in college basketball is just stupid. 2) I'm not sure anyone has a pot of money larger than Wellman's ego.

This is certainly true. The guy is more egomaniacal than most politicians.

Interesting Stetson story...........
The coach at Stetson when they beat us was Derek Waugh. He played basketball at Furman, went to Wake for Law School and then went to Stetson to fulfill his ambition as a basketball coach. He arranged the game at Wake due to his connections which took place during a perfect storm at Wake. When he set the game up, he did not expect to win and just wanted to have his team play at the Joel. We all know what happened.
After 8 years, he realized his future was not in coaching and he moved to Dalton, GA to become athletic director at Dalton State, who is resuming sports after several decades without. He has done a great job of starting programs in a variety of sports. The 'Roadrunners' are currently 11-1 in their first season.
Derek's a great guy and has some good stories about playing pick up games with Tim Duncan during his law school days.
He really loves Wake and it's ironic that he's somewhat of an infamous person to Wake fans.

Wait... Hat's nickname is the "Roadrunners?"

Not a chance even Bzz would have Thomas on TJ. Warren is a 3

What's funny is some on NC States board are saying Tyler should just transfer midseason because it woul be best for him and the team. Apparently he tweeted after the Tennessee game crying about playing time. He's been babied his whole basketball career and now is seeing what's happens when you're just not good enough. Maybe his dad will call states coach and get him some more pt

What's funny is some on NC States board are saying Tyler should just transfer midseason because it woul be best for him and the team. Apparently he tweeted after the Tennessee game crying about playing time. He's been babied his whole basketball career and now is seeing what's happens when you're just not good enough. Maybe his dad will call states coach and get him some more pt

Like Codi's family did for him at the end of last season?

TJ Warren just had 25 and 5 in the first half against ECU.

All state really has is him and cat barber. Codi can handle him but we have no one who can handle warren.

Interesting Stetson story...........
The coach at Stetson when they beat us was Derek Waugh. He played basketball at Furman, went to Wake for Law School and then went to Stetson to fulfill his ambition as a basketball coach. He arranged the game at Wake due to his connections which took place during a perfect storm at Wake. When he set the game up, he did not expect to win and just wanted to have his team play at the Joel. We all know what happened.
After 8 years, he realized his future was not in coaching and he moved to Dalton, GA to become athletic director at Dalton State, who is resuming sports after several decades without. He has done a great job of starting programs in a variety of sports. The 'Roadrunners' are currently 11-1 in their first season.
Derek's a great guy and has some good stories about playing pick up games with Tim Duncan during his law school days.
He really loves Wake and it's ironic that he's somewhat of an infamous person to Wake fans.

Ill take this a step further. The current coach for Dalton State (hired by Waugh) is Tony Ingle, who 10 years ago picked up a young Wake Forest grad to be his graduate assistant at Kennesaw State University. Tony Ingle and KSU went on to win the DII national championship that year, and later hired the GA to be a full time assistant when the other assistants left for greener pastures after the DII title. That former graduate assistant is writing this post.

All state really has is him and cat barber. Codi can handle him but we have no one who can handle warren.
Meh, Desmond Lee and Ralston Turner are solid players too. Warren is going to kill us.

Meh, Desmond Lee and Ralston Turner are solid players too. Warren is going to kill us.

This is the third game I've seen State play this year and they have looked better every time. If they keep improving, they will finish much better than the talking heads had projected.

Put up 32 and only went to the line 3 times. Dude is a shooter.

yeah they were alright today. Nothing special but we would take them in a heartbeat.

Vandenburg was 9-10 for 18 points. He had 7 dunks and 6 of them were two handed.

Also for the sunshiners who think the rest of us are too negative, critical and unsupportive I highly encourage you to visit the upper deck at PNC some time.

Back