• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Well, We Can't Count NC State as a Likely "W" Now

Ill take this a step further. The current coach for Dalton State (hired by Waugh) is Tony Ingle, who 10 years ago picked up a young Wake Forest grad to be his graduate assistant at Kennesaw State University. Tony Ingle and KSU went on to win the DII national championship that year, and later hired the GA to be a full time assistant when the other assistants left for greener pastures after the DII title. That former graduate assistant is writing this post.

Heck of a twist there, M. Night.

There is no likely W going forward. None.

There is no likely W going forward. None.

this. until this coaching staff can show that they are a legitimate ACC coaching staff, I am not going to circle any games as an automatic W.

Oh, we will win 6 or 7 ACC games.
I agree. I think we go 6-12 in the ACC. However, there is no game going forward where I can say assuredly, "Yeah, we'll likely win that game," especially with this team's ability to play downright atrocious at times.

UNC-G only lost to ECU by 1. ECU gave State and Duke all they could handle. Therefore, UNC-G might be OK.

The team is improving. They'll make the NIT this year and be a preseason pick to make the NCAA tournament next year.

Bzz built a strong foundation at Colorado and the current coach is reaping the benefits.

Sit back and enjoy the steady improvement. 2016-17 will be a very good season.

UNC-G only lost to ECU by 1. ECU gave State and Duke all they could handle. Therefore, UNC-G might be OK.

The team is improving. They'll make the NIT this year and be a preseason pick to make the NCAA tournament next year.

Bzz built a strong foundation at Colorado and the current coach is reaping the benefits.

So much comedy here.

Wake beat UNC-G, and UNC-G just beat VaTech. Therefore, we can count VaTech as a likely "W" now. Am I doing it right?

Yes. Anyone who was paying attention to anything had VT as a likely W since well before the season even started.

Although, note the margin differences...using UT as a reference, the NCSU Wake margin is 26 (NCSU beat UT by 7, UT beat Wake by 19). The Wake VT margin? 11.

We barely beat UNCG.

We're talking about a likely road win for Bz here. I know VT is horrible, but let's slow our roll here a touch.

Yes. Anyone who was paying attention to anything had VT as a likely W since well before the season even started.

Although, note the margin differences...using UT as a reference, the NCSU Wake margin is 26 (NCSU beat UT by 7, UT beat Wake by 19). The Wake VT margin? 11.

And VT has an ACC road win this year.

Bottom of the ACC is gonna be LOL bad. I still don't know what in the fuck happened to BC.

WAtching the State/Mizzou game right now. State has some solid players. First time I have seen them this year. If we don't zone them Warren will put up 30 in his sleep against us. They are probably going to crush us in the paint. They have several solid big men. Bz's biggest failure (among many) is his inability to recruit a stable of post players. You simply cannot expect to compete if you dont have 4 reliable post players. We have 1.5 right now. We have no one coming in next year. Our ceiling will always be limited by this. You need to sign a big man almost every year.

Cow college looking like a top 40 team. We don't stand a chance....

WAtching the State/Mizzou game right now. State has some solid players. First time I have seen them this year. If we don't zone them Warren will put up 30 in his sleep against us. They are probably going to crush us in the paint. They have several solid big men. Bz's biggest failure (among many) is his inability to recruit a stable of post players. You simply cannot expect to compete if you dont have 4 reliable post players. We have 1.5 right now. We have no one coming in next year. Our ceiling will always be limited by this. You need to sign a big man almost every year.

Don't sell him short. He has done a shitty job of recruiting shooters as well.

Yep- chalk up two L's to Cow College based on what we just saw vs #25 Mizzou.

Ohhhh, NC State fan and your trolling habits. SO ADORABLE!

Back