• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wellman and Football (+ Lobo-Grobe Wedding News!)

This must be what Nicholas Cage felt like at the end of The Rock when he learned who really shot JFK.

So much makes sense now.

Along similar lines, does Premier Wellman have sons of marriage age, perhaps? And maybe, just maybe, is one of them courting a young [Redacted] girl?

Bzzz only has one daughter and she is attending Wake.

Not related to this particular move, but I just saw on the Charlotte Observer online that UNCC has hired Joe Tereshinski, who had been a graduate assistant at Wake the past two years.

I won't post the link but there is a website called "the knot" where couples design wedding websites.
It has a search function.

Well, he turned down Nebraska and Arkansas, and god knows how many more overtures from other big time jobs to stay at Wake Forest. Does it make sense that he would do that to stay at a school where he doesn't trust his boss?

To tell you the truth, nothing in the Ath. Dept. makes sense anymore. I find myself saying WTF a lot these days.

I just hope two good coaches find jobs.

I know Grobe has promised to make calls and help them out.

Confirmed. Ben Grobe is engaged to Nicole Hazen.

Sister of Kristen Hazen Lobotzke.

They are to be married in June of this year.

I finally understand why Grobe won't sack that piece of crap. Unbelievable. Grobe and Lobo = Grobo. It all makes sense now.

Deep, dark depression, excessive misery.

I am not saying that he isn't reporting what he heard. I just have a really hard time believing it and it doesn't mesh with the entire Wellman/Grobe relationship to this point. The main reason we have kept Grobe was the staff autonomy decisions we have given him.

2007 was a long time ago. There aren't any big time programs knocking on Grobe's door anymore. Not after 3 losing seasons in a row.

Frankly, I don't really buy that Grobe was pressured to fire Billings specifically (Henry would make some amount of sense, but not Billings). I bet that he was told to shake things up. Billings having conflict with other staff members and/or admissions makes as much sense as anything else I've heard.

No one can seriously think that the defense was the probably. Especially not after the MCB.

Last edited:
somebody mind catching me up? i don't feel like reading all 18 pages.

all i know is that 1: billings & henry are out, 2: ben grobe and somebody related to lobo are getting married (although jim seems like he is married to steed and can't grow balls to divorce) and 3: wellman sucks as of now. oh yeah loboout

"ben grobe wedding" google search brings up this wedding registry:

http://www.amazingregistry.com/wedding-registry/Nicole-Hazen/Ben-Grobe/Registry.ashx?a=70798207

What should we get them? Something silver with "LoboOUT" engraved on it?

I dont think you can ever go wrong with the salad spinner that is on there,
OXOSaladSpinnerLLS7

No one can seriously think that the defense was the probably. Especially not after the MCB.
And especially after last season. The defense made great strides this year from god-awful to average. Defense actually put us in position to win games this year.

2007 was a long time ago. There aren't any big time programs knocking on Grobe's door anymore. Not after 3 losing seasons in a row.

Frankly, I don't really buy that Grobe was pressured to fire Billings specifically (Henry would make some amount of sense, but not Billings). I bet that he was told to shake things up. Frankly, Billings having conflict with other staff members and/or admissions makes as much sense as anything else I've heard.

Grobe had to make staff changes and it obvious now it couldn't be Lobo. Wouldn't surprise me if Billings or Henry dropped a "Why don't you fire your brother in law" bomb, and that did it.

Just beyond belief really that now we understand the Grobe/Lobo linkage. Deeper, darker depression, overwhelming misery. :panda::sick:

Frankly, I don't really buy that Grobe was pressured to fire Billings specifically (Henry would make some amount of sense, but not Billings). I bet that he was told to shake things up. Billings having conflict with other staff members and/or admissions makes as much sense as anything else I've heard.

The defense gave up 23 points to a very mediocre MSU offense. Very mediocre.

Back