• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wellman and Football (+ Lobo-Grobe Wedding News!)

The defense gave up 23 points to a very mediocre MSU offense. Very mediocre.

2 points under MSU's season average. The defense greatly improved and I have plenty of reason to believe Billings had something to do with it. His track record is better than Knorr's.

There's a reason why nepotism and cronyism are bad, folks. This is just a horrible cruel joke.

The defense gave up 23 points to a very mediocre MSU offense. Very mediocre.

They owned the line of scrimmage while Lobo's veteran offensive line got pushed around all night long.

2 points under MSU's season average. The defense greatly improved and I have plenty of reason to believe Billings had something to do with it. His track record is better than Knorr's.

There's a reason why nepotism and cronyism are bad, folks. This is just a horrible cruel joke.

This times 50 trillion.

Cruel is the right word for it.

They owned the line of scrimmage while Lobo's veteran offensive line got pushed around all night long.

They owned both lines of scrimmage.

That defense had given up 6 plays over 30 yards all season. That's about a game and a half's worth for Wake defense.

The offense certainly deserves some blame for the loss. When Tanner was getting good protection in the 1st half he looked bad and we started breaking down protection in half two.

But to absolve the defense when they give up 3 scores on 4 big plays in a game you knew would be low scoring isn't accurate either.

Last edited:
I dont think you can ever go wrong with the salad spinner that is on there,
OXOSaladSpinnerLLS7

Dude, those things are money. We have one, and it's wonderful to use after washing fresh greens.

The defense forced 4 turnovers that the offense converted into 7 points.

I think Ph should be in charge of organizing a gift from the boards.

What sucks is 2 good men are out a job and [Redacted] is sitting on the rock of Gibraltar.

So effing true.

I am positive that my info is coming from someone other than KVegas's source and it is exactly what I heard.

I guess both could have the same bad source.

And I'm sure that Ron didn't walk in and tell Jim to fire Billings but I can also easily see a message being sent.

Billings takes his football seriously and I can see him ruffling feathers with the admissions process.

Agreed. Ron could have said "something's gotta change" and Grobe could have read the writing on the wall. Grobe's interpretation and what Wellman actually said could have some gray area between them.

Holy hell Jason27 is insufferable.

This times 1,000,000,000. He more than anything else just makes me want to avoid that board.

Exactly. For all the talk about the importance of turnovers, they mean nothing if the offense can't do anything with them.

One turnover was with 1 second left in the half for a touchback. Hard to convert that into points. We were damn lucky they didn't kick the FG after having blown coverage on that wheel route.

Another was an interception we returned out to our 20.

We did turn over the ball on downs on their first fumble, but they immediately fumbled again and we scored a TD on that. I guess you could argue that they would have fumbled twice anyway, but who knows.

Last edited:
One turnover was with 1 second left in the half for a touchback. Hard to convert that into points. We were damn lucky they didn't kick the FG after having blown coverage on that wheel route.

So effectively 3 turnovers, 2 of which were in MSU territory, for 7 points.

I stand corrected.

You guys are starting to sound like JFK conspirators

Yes, we should have done better offensively. But that is a pretty good SEC defense we were going against. There is a reason they were top 20 in scoring defense.

Oh god. The wedding website has a guest book where you can write comments just like the crazy couple that was taken over by the Maryland fans earlier this year.

They seem like nice, normal, working class people. Not worth it.

Fun fact, our defense created more MSU turnovers than any other team has this season, despite their SEC-tough schedule.

Oh god. The wedding website has a guest book where you can write comments just like the crazy couple that was taken over by the Maryland fans earlier this year.

They seem like nice, normal, working class people. Not worth it.

It's not their fault they're being used to prop up her brother-in-law's career.

You guys are starting to sound like JFK conspirators

Yeah, knowing all we know about Grobe, he would happily get rid of a dude who is about to become part of his family.

:plos:

Fun fact, our defense created more MSU turnovers than any other team has this season, despite their SEC-tough schedule.

Too bad we gave up 3 TDs on 4 huge plays.

Too bad we gave up 3 TDs on 4 huge plays.

Even worse that the offense was 2 of 17 on 3rd down conversions.

Alabama only allowed 27 fewer rushing yards than our defense did.

Back