• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wellman and Football (+ Lobo-Grobe Wedding News!)

If Coach Lobotzke were upgraded to HC or CIW then I would be stunned and pretty upset.

Even if Lobo could turn out to be a good HC, his 1st job shouldn't be at Wake.

Could it just be something like a RW announcement that Grobe is interviewing for the PSU job?

Could this be a plot to drive up traffic on that site? Have a feeling that it's working regardless of intent

If Coach Grobe went to Penn State then we better conduct a HC search and not just promote Coach Lobotzke...that would be completely asinine by RW.

jason27nc, keeper and lectro would be the sole LoboInners

Absolutely, and all the resident assholes (you know who you are) would still not know a God Damned thing about the game of FOOTBALL...

Put that in yer super-collider and huff on it...

If Coach Grobe went to Penn State then we better conduct a HC search and not just promote Coach Lobotzke...that would be completely asinine by RW.

That would be as bad as hiring a mediocre basketball coach with no search proce...oh wait...

That would be as bad as hiring a mediocre basketball coach with no search proce...oh wait...

It would be astronomically worse than the Jeff [Redacted] hiring, and keep in mind that I disagreed with the Jeff [Redacted] hiring in the first place.

Last edited:

I could see maybe making him the interim for a year and conducting a year long search. I mean, the coaching carousel is over. All the good coaches have been hired. Who could you realistically go after at this late date?

I could see maybe making him the interim for a year and conducting a year long search. I mean, the coaching carousel is over. All the good coaches have been hired. Who could you realistically go after at this late date?

Penn State could really still get a lot of big names. They don't care what the other teams have to do.

Like I said with all due respect to Wake's associated media if Penn State had offered Grobe the job the Winston-Salem media would not be the ones reporting it. I think it has to do with staff shake-ups. If there is actually a scheduled conference/announcement upcoming (and not simply madeup by ACC Office) I think it may be restructuring of the staff with Lobo maybe moving to associate head coach and Galloway taking over OC duties.

The more I think about it the more I think it is Coach Lobotzke to CIW.

I follow the boards, but not as closely as some. Aren't we getting ahead of ourselves here, or is the original poster on the other site super reliable and usually breaks news? This isn't meant to be sarcastic at all. I just honestly can't get a feel of what's going on.

Like I said with all due respect to Wake's associated media if Penn State had offered Grobe the job the Winston-Salem media would not be the ones reporting it. I think it has to do with staff shake-ups. If there is actually a scheduled conference/announcement upcoming (and not simply madeup by ACC Office) I think it may be restructuring of the staff with Lobo maybe moving to associate head coach and Galloway taking over OC duties.

That makes more sense than CIW. It's a demotion that looks like a promotion which would be the only way to demote Lobo at this point.

Office is actually a legit person that has had tidbits of insider info in the past IIRC.

Back