• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wellman and Football (+ Lobo-Grobe Wedding News!)

I DON'T THINK THERE IS A PRESS CONFERENCE BECAUSE BSD WASN'T INVITED DESPITE BEING A CREDENTIALED MEDIA MEMBER. #REALTALK

Like I said with all due respect to Wake's associated media if Penn State had offered Grobe the job the Winston-Salem media would not be the ones reporting it. I think it has to do with staff shake-ups. If there is actually a scheduled conference/announcement upcoming (and not simply madeup by ACC Office) I think it may be restructuring of the staff with Lobo maybe moving to associate head coach and Galloway taking over OC duties.

That could be a good thing.

do we have any idea on what time this announcement will be made?

Just a guess, but maybe it's an announcement about a donation for expanding and renovating the Deacon locker room at Bridger. That's the next big thing on the list of needed improvements to BB&T Field.

That makes more sense than CIW. It's a demotion that looks like a promotion which would be the only way to demote Lobo at this point.

If this were the case (Lobo to associate, Lonnie to play-calling duty), I don't think Office would think that RW and JG have lost their mind. Also, I would be completely behind that move because I think Lonnie is a helluva coach and motivator.

We don't even have info that there is an announcement to be made...but no one has categorically denied that something is occurring, which typically would have happened by now too.

Just a guess, but maybe it's an announcement about a donation for expanding and renovating the Deacon locker room at Bridger. That's the next big thing on the list of needed improvements to BB&T Field.

This is probably closer to the truth...we're all pretty reactionary and touchy at this point about announcements from the AD. I think we've all come to expect the worst

Could be Lobo as Offensive Line coach and associate HC with Lonnie Galloway taking over as OC.

Players haven't heard anything yet so I don't think it's a huge deal whatever this is.

It would be astronomically worse than the Jeff [Redacted] hiring, and keep in mind that I disagreed with the Jeff [Redacted] hiring in the first place.

That's TBD. Right now, our basketball program is in as bad of a shape as it has been since the late 80s.

That would be great, but I doubt anyone would say that Ron Wellman "officially lost his mind" by announcing such a donation.

That was one of my initial thoughts. Maybe ACCO is saying Wellman is losing his mind by announcing the upgrades/expansion. I've seen the new blue prints, the locker rooms are going to be amazing.

The more I think about it the more I think it is Coach Lobotzke to CIW.

Only way I see this happening is if Wellman fears that Lobo might leave for another gig, and this is being done to keep him here.

If Lobo is named CIW, and in a year or two Wellman gets replaced, that new AD could decide to cancel the CIW for Lobo, right? Have a legitimate search instead?

i have cryptic "I know something you don't" posts BTW.

Back