• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wellman and Football (+ Lobo-Grobe Wedding News!)

lol ok...just went back and looked at all of your posts and discerned nothing from it.

Just a guess, but maybe it's an announcement about a donation for expanding and renovating the Deacon locker room at Bridger. That's the next big thing on the list of needed improvements to BB&T Field.

That wouldn't fit in with Ron Wellman lost his mind. That would be a positive for everyone.

So what you're saying is, all of the players and their sons are about to be fired?

Wait, what?

No, Polian was chatting with Peyton Manning in the Colt's facility...nobody had any inkling as to what was about to happen.

It is possible the players would know if the news were Grobe leaving...one assumes he'd tell the players first...but again, in this age of "twits" any team member has access to a public bull-horn and depending on them to keep a secret --- well, I'll leave it to you to figure out how smart that would be.

I think Lobo might actually make a good head coach, but I don't think Wake Forest should/will be his first head coaching job.

Grobe to Penn State, Lobo to HC is the winner right now. At least we'd be spared a Wellman coaching search to find somebody just as bad.

There are just no words to describe how nauseating this would be. So it's just not even in the realm of possibility.

If this were to happen, y'all would have to talk me in off the ledge. :eek:

Josh Strickland (safety and dad is a high-upper in the Wake boosters I believe) just tweeted:

"no announcement forthcoming. Hoax."

lol, pm por favor.

just kidding but takes me back to the olden days.

Back