• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"We're hanging our hat on Tanner Price"

liveanddiedeac

Reaction score
So says Grobe on the radio show, so I guess that can put to bed thoughts that Cameron might get the nod against Duke. I would've bet a small fortune on that being the case anyway, no surprise.

So says Grobe on the radio show, so I guess that can put to bed thoughts that Cameron might get the nod against Duke. I would've bet a small fortune on that being the case anyway, no surprise.

I don't know anything about any hats but some people need to stop hanging it up for the rest of the season.

Senior day for a four year starter, you have to assume he'd be starting. If (when) we lose to Duke, then I wouldn't be that surprised if Cameron started against Vandy.

Yeah, you have hung with him for 3 years and 10 games. Might as well stay with him while we are technically bowl eligible.

3 years and 10 games, with basically no threat of losing the starting position.

Eight years of poor recruiting at QB.

I'm not expecting it by any means, in fact I'm fairly certain we lose out, but I'd love to see us steal one from Duke (can't believe I just typed that) and caught a disinterested Vandy on TGiving weekend to give Price & Nikita a bowl and Camp one more time in the black & gold. Good guys and great representatives of the university as are the other seniors.

I remember when Brendan Cross was praised as our next "big" QB. Him more so than other incoming QBs. Didn't he go like 1-11 his senior year in HS?

I think Sousa team was better than 1-11 his Sr year if that's what you were referring to.

I know with every new QB that comes in that year, they get the hype as "QB ofthe future/savior". But for some reason I distinctly remember Cross receiving the praise as "Skinner-esqe" which is the highest praise I've read about an incoming QB IMO.

IMO, from what I can recollect the most hyped have been 1. Cross (for previous mentioned reasons) 2. Sousa (cause we sole him from Michigan/Miami, and was a "dual threat guy" 3. Cameron (still waiting to see, but he fit our "new offense" that we quickly ditched, perfectly) 4. Price (saying he would start day one which he did basically) 5. Statchitus (cause he was tebows back up/successor)

Last edited:
i remember when tanner first walked on the field. i think it was against syracuse. it was so awesome, because there was some talk he might redshirt . syracuse challenged him to beat them with his arm...and he did, we just didn't win the game. and that's been the story with tanner. I thought he was gonna be great, and in different circumstances he may well have excelled, but he definitely can't do a 2 minute drive to win the game like skinner could and he lacks a lot of intangibles that skinner had.

I would have really liked to have seen what he could have done with better coaching, better offensive teammates, and better special teams.

Last edited:
The two best QBs Grobe recruited had no hype and were 3rd stringers never expected to see the field.

i remember when tanner first walked on the field. i think it was against syracuse. it was so awesome, because there was some talk he might redshirt . syracuse challenged him to beat them with his arm, and he did, we just didn't win the game. and that's been the story with tanner. I thought he was gonna be great, and in different circumstances he may well have excelled, but he definitely can't do a 2 minute drive to win the game like skinner could and he lacks a lot of intangibles that skinner had.

I would have really liked to have seen what he could have done with better coaching, better offensive teammates, and better special teams.

Tanner's first game was against Presby and I think he was like 1/4 passing for 7 yards. Am I misremembering?

Tanner's first game was against Presby and I think he was like 1/4 passing for 7 yards. Am I misremembering?

really? i thought he came in the 2nd or 3rd game into the season against syracuse, but i may be wrong.

Back