• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF and Truist Deal (Football Now Allegacy Federal Credit Union Stadium)

I sat on Deacon Hill last year for the first time and didn’t realize how damn steep it was when my son wanted to go down to the bottom. And climbing back up with flip flops was impossible. Had to go barefoot.

I’ve seen some folks damn near die on the stairs without rails.
I liked the press release saying rails were being added to make it "easier for fans to get to their seats", instead of "to avoid someone face planting". I never quite understood why Wake didn't have rails, with every stadium I've been to for a number of years including high schools have had them.
Also, hope the scanning of parking passes won't slow things up too much getting in to the lots. Spoiled yes I am, but it's been nice just to have the guy glance at your pass and wave you in.

I liked the press release saying rails were being added to make it "easier for fans to get to their seats", instead of "to avoid someone face planting". I never quite understood why Wake didn't have rails, with every stadium I've been to for a number of years including high schools have had them.
Also, hope the scanning of parking passes won't slow things up too much getting in to the lots. Spoiled yes I am, but it's been nice just to have the guy glance at your pass and wave you in.
The only other place I remember not having rails was the dump we played at for the Birmingham Bowl. I was even concerned about myself in that shithole.

When I was a teenager, I witnessed a very overweight, quite likely very drunk, do a slow belly slide down the stairs at Groves. He must have gone 15-20 rows before he stopped.

I foresee the scanning of parking passes being a total disaster.

They had trouble scanning my parking pass last year. A few times they gave up and told me to go ahead.

It didn't occur to me at the time last week but then I saw a replay this week on WXII of a Chris Paul interview and wondered if Stan and Currie were also back in WS for this below?

Still lame to miss the elimination game in the CWS final 4 for it as well...

1687809446262.png

Some upgrades coming. I am glad we can do “light shows.” State’s are very cool.
The rails between sections are much needed for some folks. Good addition. The Joel lot parking situation is also nice, benefiting actual pass holders. I may actually go back to that lot in the future after I hear reports.

"The Demon Deacon fan base continues to grow and together with our outstanding football program, our spirit squads and the Spirit of the Old Gold and Black make Allegacy Stadium one of the best home field advantages in college football," director of athletics John Currie said. "We are proud to be able to provide these important investments in the game day infrastructure which will enhance both the game atmosphere, convenience and safety for our fans."

Is Allegacy going to dedicate some funds to help grow the band? Don't shout out the band unless you're going to help them out.

one time we had McCreary Tower parking passes and were in our friend's Forester. they were waving in all of the BMWs, Land Rovers, Benzes and the guy automatically tried to shoo us away before seeing the pass hanging from the mirror.

$55 million over 20 years for Tech. Very curious what the numbers are on the Allegacy deal (but understand that's something we'll probably never know).

Back