• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF and Truist Deal (Football Now Allegacy Federal Credit Union Stadium)

A think Allegacy will provide just a little more interest than Truist.
Just 3% APR unless we want to put it in a CD, but then it’s harder to get the money out if you need it and… ya know, I just don’t think it’s worth the hassle

Excited for Wake to get a great rate refinancing the loan on the motorcycle

Reduce the name to Allegacy Stadium and it might stick. Wake needs to be seen as a Triad partner as much as possible and this should help. If local ties had been developed when Wake moved to Winston-Salem, chances are the stadium would be larger and the Joel would be the right size. Better late than never.

It will always be Groves Stadium to me as per the agreement that made the stadium a reality. Allegacy-Groves Stadium would be better. Both partners could emphasize the importance of enduring relationships as important factors for futuire success. Both partners are a legacy of RJR and wish to honor the Groves legacy that made the stadium possible. That's almost as good as explaining reasons for "The Joel". I suspect Wake alumni and folks around the Triad might appreciate that gesture.

Last edited:
It will obviously just go by Allegacy Stadium.

Every corporate announcement reads like the person writing it is being held hostage at gunpoint and forced to read a card. It's like the dude peddling magazines in Office Space.

Not that I’ve given any thought to Allegacy prior to today. But my association is now negative due to the unbelievable decision to have the ceremony today, which requires Stan Cotton and I assume Currie/other high up Wake administrators to be back in W-S today. No sense was used in timing a ceremony that could literally happen any time.

Not that I’ve given any thought to Allegacy prior to today. But my association is now negative due to the unbelievable decision to have the ceremony today, which requires Stan Cotton and I assume Currie/other high up Wake administrators to be back in W-S today. No sense was used in timing a ceremony that could literally happen any time.
Can confirm.

No, I’m sure someone at Allegacy is going to the Mediterranean next week so this needed to happen now!

Read the situation Allegacy. Biggest WF baseball game since 1955 tonight. Reschedule the glad handing.

Back