• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF at SYRACUSE, Saturday 3:30 ESPN2

Yeah, the way we've won games this year is the formula that we will continue to use. Put up 35 points and bend but don't break on defense. If we need to score more than 35, keep after it and hope for the best. If the UVA game actually turns out to be our best performance of the season, then 9-3 is probably the ceiling.

UVA was the worst officiating (against WFU) seen in years.. and it was still a decent blow-out win. I dont think we've had any major injuries, and one might expect that the coaches will continue to improve/adapt, and I would like to think we only get better. Louisville will turn out to be a much bigger win in the end than it looks now.. They are pretty good and getting better.

We’ve won two of our last three games there and hung 60+ in one of the wins. How is that a rough time?

In the 2019 overtime loss, that team was 4-7 to our 8-3.

In that 60+ game (2017), they were up on us 38-21 with 16 seconds left in the first half. They finished the season 4-8 and we were 8-5.

They won at home against us in 2015, 2013 and 2011.

Say what you want, but they play us well at the Carrier Dome.

In that 60+ game (2017), they were up on us 38-21 with 16 seconds left in the first half. They finished the season 4-8 and we were 8-5.

Anybody thinking Saturday will be a picnic is wrong. I expect a tough game.

UVA was the worst officiating (against WFU) seen in years.. and it was still a decent blow-out win. I dont think we've had any major injuries, and one might expect that the coaches will continue to improve/adapt, and I would like to think we only get better. Louisville will turn out to be a much bigger win in the end than it looks now.. They are pretty good and getting better.

I thought officiating was much worse on Saturday.

UVA was the best game we’ve played. The game wasn’t nearly as close as the final score or the statistics.

Saturday was the first time this season we’ve played meaningful snaps in the 4th quarter.

Agreed. Something about playing under those dystopian fluorescent lights.

Deacs have averaged 44ppg there the last three meetings. If that is them playing us well, then lets hope they play well this Saturday.

What is our injury situation ? Are these the ones who missed Louisville: Coby Davis, Nasir Greer, Miles Fox...?

Clawson ain't going to agree but IF we are playing well with the game under control into the 13 minute mark in the 4th he needs to let'em keep playing for scores more than bleeding the clock. It is a confidence builder to keep playing your regular game.

Clawson ain't going to agree but IF we are playing well with the game under control into the 13 minute mark in the 4th he needs to let'em keep playing for scores more than bleeding the clock. It is a confidence builder to keep playing your regular game.

Not to mention gaining style points to jockey for the playoffs...

Syracuse will be the best defense we have faced so far this season, and they can run the ball.

We should win but we need to be locked in.

@Cuse will be tough like it always is. Wake is legit good and a contender for the division but still a bit of irrational exuberance on the board. We're going to stumble somewhere.

Going to be a tough one against the clear #2 program in the Atlantic (citation: TheReff in summer 2019).

The over confidence on the Cuse boards is a little mind blowing considering their loss Saturday to a god awful FSU team. One example....

FRANKIEFAN
All American
Today at 8:23 PM
I mean they have a vet QB that should put up some points but I see an easy win. Passing game should break out And Tucker will go off again.

Not as confident all the games after but this one I am pretty sure we will dominate.

The over confidence on the Cuse boards is a little mind blowing considering their loss Saturday to a god awful FSU team. One example....

FRANKIEFAN
All American
Today at 8:23 PM
I mean they have a vet QB that should put up some points but I see an easy win. Passing game should break out And Tucker will go off again.

Not as confident all the games after but this one I am pretty sure we will dominate.

Nah. It’s how message boards work. We’re fans (fanatics). This board is similar. It’s just hard to see when you’re in the middle of it. We know you are the better team.

Back