• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF at VIRGINIA 7 pm FRIDAY, ESPN2

Wake defense played an awesome gain. Bent at times, but never really got beat. I guess O-line technique is changing?

From the Lee Enterprises newspaper of Lake Norman outside of Charlotte, Sam Hartman's home area.

http://mooresvilletribune.com/sport...deo_fea101c6-4d87-5112-91b1-15c4e720af46.html

https://mooresvilletribune.com/spor...deo_fea101c6-4d87-5112-91b1-15c4e720af46.html

Richmond sportscaster Matt Josephs, "HONESTLY I can say I don't know anything about Wake Forest. . . They've beat 3 bad teams at home in a row. . . Virginia takes care of business at home. . . I don't trust Wake Forest in their first true road game of the season. . . Their Defense is just okay. . . They really haven't been tested by any of their first 3 opponents ... Brennan Armstrong will change that. . . Virginia's Offense should be able to do anything they want to in this game."

Mr. Josephs might know a little more tonight about a team he distrusts and a Defense he thinks is just okay.

We could use a video of that last spot. He just picked up the ball and moved it 4 or 5 feet.

Bothroyd was incredible. He spent most of the game in a headlock, but just kept the motor running. Awesome.

Him and Vilain were awesome and I loved the disguised blitzes with Redd and Luke.

One of the things I really hate about ESPN is their line up of 3rd and 4th string announcers and color guys. 90% of them are from above the Mason-Dixon line and couldn't find Wake Forest on a map. They all think schools like Rutgers, UConn, UVA, BC, Pitt, Syracuse, et al are real schools when it comes to football. They are totally clueless. They drool over Duke and UNC because of their cache. But they'd never give a school like Wake a wave while they cruised by W-S on 85. I'd love to sit in their production meetings before this game. I'll bet they talked about UVa 90% of the time. What losers. BTW, the refs were the worst I've seen all season so far. Never been so mad after a good win. Have a great weekend everybody...whoa....I feel so much better now.

I mean you get past Louisville and it's not that hard to think about a game at Clemson for the Atlantic division title.

I loved our play calling tonight except for when we were on their 5 with three more tries and we tried hitting the slant after we had been crushing them with the run. Felt like Seahawks vs. Patriots. They had no answer for our run that series…keep it going.

Other than that, the most complete game I remember us playing in a long time. Go Deacs!!!!

Yeah - not to get picky in a win - but I was scared that was going to come back and screw us. They had no timeouts left - we were reeling off 5 plus yards a rush - gain 5 on a run on first down - and then throw 2 incompletes to leave like a minute plus on the half on the clock. Personally I would have run on second down. At a minimum that would have taken another 40 seconds off the clock and basically prevented UVa from having any time at the end of the half.

And I thought for sure that UVa was going to zoom right down and score to end then half - and then get the ball to start the half. Props to the defense for stopping at the end of the half and not letting get the momentum.

Refs and replay were pretty atrocious. Glad we were so dominant it didn’t matter but very bad. I hope Clawson sends tape to the office. We deserve better at this point.

I mean you get past Louisville and it's not that hard to think about a game at Clemson for the Atlantic division title.

I'm grateful that we have our three biggest rivalry games before Clemson. No chance of losing focus.

The only thing I could question is why CBS, our starting RB, is a key guy on kickoff and punt coverage. Seems odd and a why do that?

Refs and replay were pretty atrocious. Glad we were so dominant it didn’t matter but very bad. I hope Clawson sends tape to the office. We deserve better at this point.

We say this every and I mean every year. Nothing changes.

Poetic justice that when a hold was finally called it ended the game.

One of the things I really hate about ESPN is their line up of 3rd and 4th string announcers and color guys. 90% of them are from above the Mason-Dixon line and couldn't find Wake Forest on a map. They all think schools like Rutgers, UConn, UVA, BC, Pitt, Syracuse, et al are real schools when it comes to football. They are totally clueless. They drool over Duke and UNC because of their cache. But they'd never give a school like Wake a wave while they cruised by W-S on 85. I'd love to sit in their production meetings before this game. I'll bet they talked about UVa 90% of the time. What losers. BTW, the refs were the worst I've seen all season so far. Never been so mad after a good win. Have a great weekend everybody...whoa....I feel so much better now.

Aren't they all 3rd and 4th string, and have been ever since they narrowly avoided bankruptcy and had to jettison everyone who wasn't? Some of you guys cling to ESPN like a life raft. They suck. Period.
Edit: Not you, Fusion. You seem to get it.

Last edited:
We just have to go 3-1 outside of UNC and we are playing them for the division. Duke and Cuse are not good.

Cuse is 3-1 after beating Liberty on last second tie breaking fg so I wouldn't say not good. Duke, atrocious

Last edited:
Nothing got me more hyped than CBS making that fantastic special teams tackle.

CBS is a talented back but again still seems slower to hole and easier to go down compared to others (although his effort on 4th down was huge). He was 3rd in avg yd per carry with less than 3 per carry while other 2 were at 6.6 and 4.5. And other 2 got more carries at end when we were just running straight up gut bringing their #s down. Glad other 2 are getting good # of carries as they definitely bring other strengths to game. Ellison’s burst was a huge mo boost.

So proud of our team tonight! They just need to stay hungry and focused every week.

I think the answer for why CBS is on special teams is likely multi-faceted:
1. He's talented and makes an impact there
2. He seems to enjoy doing it
3. WF rotates its RBs heavily, so he does not risk exhaustion unlike a workhouse RB and the team can have one (or two) contribute elsewhere as needed

Now it'd suck to see him go down injured due to ST but I would hazard to guess that he's at about 5x the risk on most runs than he is as a gunner on punts.

Look at the stats and you would think UVA won. More total yards, way more passing yards, more first downs, slight win in time of possession.

Wake won the most important stat: score.

Back