• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Baseball Off-season Thread

Not a great look, but it’s a 21/22 year old getting too drunk at a bar, on vacation, in the off-season. I’m sure he can still make something of his life…

In other news that doesn’t really matter, Skenes got rocked in his AA debut yesterday. Didn’t make it out of the first inning. 2/3 IP, 4 ER, 2BB, 2Ks. I hope that he too can somehow salvage his career after this unforgivable showing.
Oh I’m sure he will too. Just not at Wake Forest. That’s more like some NC State antics!

We better than that!

Oh I’m sure he will too. Just not at Wake Forest. That’s more like some NC State antics!

We better than that!
I don't think you have met very many college baseball players before if you think getting drunk and doing something stupid at a bar is such a huge problem and unacceptable for Wake Forest athletes.

We'd struggle to field a team if we got rid of all the guys that could potentially make the news for something like this.

I don't think you have met very many college baseball players before if you think getting drunk and doing something stupid at a bar is such a huge problem and unacceptable for Wake Forest athletes.

We'd struggle to field a team if we got rid of all the guys that could potentially make the news for something like this.
Getting drunk at a bar in the off-season is completely understandable. Zero problem with that whatsoever. I’d be more bothered if our guys didn’t do that quite frankly. Zero issues with that. They’re in college.

What’s more disturbing and more of a bad look for them and for Wake is getting taken into custody by law enforcement, booked/charged, and making the Nashville news (with mug shots). That’s just stupid and unnecessary. They did it to themselves. How do you not see and comprehend that?

Is the sky falling and are we doomed? Of course not. This is a blip. But it’s still not a good look. Can’t really argue that.

Getting drunk at a bar in the off-season is completely understandable. Zero problem with that whatsoever. I’d be more bothered if our guys didn’t do that quite frankly. Zero issues with that. They’re in college.

What’s more disturbing and more of a bad look for them and for Wake is getting taken into custody by law enforcement, booked/charged, and making the Nashville news (with mug shots). That’s just stupid and unnecessary. They did it to themselves. How do you not see and comprehend that?

Is the sky falling and are we doomed? Of course not. This is a blip. But it’s still not a good look. Can’t really argue that.
There’s a difference in suggesting it’s a bad look vs suggesting they should be suspended/kicked off the team, which is what you did.

Yeah, I think we can all agree that getting arrested is bad.

There’s a difference in suggesting it’s a bad look vs suggesting they should be suspended/kicked off the team, which is what you did.

Yeah, I think we can all agree that getting arrested is bad.
Quite certain I never said anyone should be kicked off the team. Do better.

This post sure seemed like saying they shouldn't be on the team at Wake
Suspended? Absolutely. They got arrested, bruh. Lol.

Kicked off the team? No. Life is all about second chances. Like the one I’m giving you right now. Take it.

Suspended? Absolutely. They got arrested, bruh. Lol.

Kicked off the team? No. Life is all about second chances. Like the one I’m giving you right now. Take it.
Oh wow I really have gotten got by a parody troll here huh?

Feels bad man

I generally found that at my time at Wake, the baseball players were the most prone to behavior such as this of all the athletes.
In the 4 years my son was on the baseball team there was only one minor incident in a bar in WS. The players drank plenty of beer but usually at the same private place with a bonfire. Not in public.

Bat signal

Back