• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Baseball Off-season Thread

i am wildly uncomfortable with being pre-season #1. Not surprisingly
Yeah. It's fun to be ranked 1, and to be this excited. Eager to see whether all the individual talent will equal a successful college baseball team. So much rides on Burns.

Single game tickets went on sale today to Deacon Club members. There are relatively few reserved seats available for any games, obviously lots of people have already bought season tickets this year.

yeah, looks like all the reserved season tix sold out recently (there were a handful still available a couple weeks ago).

fwiw, i bought season tix but live out of town so will be unloading them with pretty decent frequency

yeah, looks like all the reserved season tix sold out recently (there were a handful still available a couple weeks ago).

fwiw, i bought season tix but live out of town so will be unloading them with pretty decent frequency
Thank you for your service. I don't have any doubts you'll easily be able to unload them.

or we hit 3 home runs in the first inning...

"those won't be homers in Omaha, gotta manufacture runs"
Oh my god this is gonna be the one that triggers me all season isn't it.

Nick hits the scoreboard at the Couch and some 80s Deac is in here declaring that would be a flyout in Omaha and it would be better for him to hit a bloop single

Did I just not care because we were winning all the time or did the baseball thread only have 1 or 2 idiots? They did not even post much. It was a high quality thread, in my opinion. (I mostly read so not patting myself on the back here)

Did I just not care because we were winning all the time or did the baseball thread only have 1 or 2 idiots? They did not even post much. It was a high quality thread, in my opinion. (I mostly read so not patting myself on the back here)
I enjoyed the baseball thread pretty much all of last season, but there was almost no real adversity until Omaha for fans to bitch about.

There are a few weirdos that come out of the woodwork anytime something goes wrong for Wake baseball (and Tom Walter specifically), and I'd expect they'll be back at some point this season. But they are easy enough to ignore.

Back