• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Baseball Off-season Thread

WF's ACC schedule is tough as the Deacs' naturally play everyone in their own division and also play the pre-season #1 (UVA), #2 (UNC), #3 (Duke) and #6 (VT) from the Coastal (last year WF played Pitt, Miami and Duke). WF's opening road ACC series is a big one, against fellow 2023 CWS participant, and pre-season top 10 team UVA - March 15-17 in C'ville. The Deacs did not play UVA in 2023.
Look on the bright side - with that gauntlet, our NET should easily be top 25 all year! Lots of Quad 1 opportunities out there. Walter clowning Forbes in the scheduling game!

WF's ACC schedule is tough as the Deacs' naturally play everyone in their own division and also play the pre-season #1 (UVA), #2 (UNC), #3 (Duke) and #6 (VT) from the Coastal (last year WF played Pitt, Miami and Duke). WF's opening road ACC series is a big one, against fellow 2023 CWS participant, and pre-season top 10 team UVA - March 15-17 in C'ville. The Deacs did not play UVA in 2023.
I anticipate a worse record this year. We had a bit of a magical regular season last year.
I also anticipate we are actually a better team this year

I don't know if this was posted but UNC's projected Friday starter Jake Knapp is out for the year with a UCL tear

No wonder half the crowd was scouts at the scrimmages last fall.

Back