• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Baseball Off-season Thread

wo you guys, look what i read about braden montgomery from stanford (and burns) on a mississippi state message board (don't ask):

I am told that the word leading up to portal entry was that he was headed to Mississippi State to complete his college baseball career. I am told that during his exit interviews at Stanford that they were not willing to give him any guarantees about having more of an opportunity to pitch. That's not the only reason he is electing to transfer, but it is worth noting.

He did enter the portal with a no contact listing. I am told that is because he already knows the schools he wants to talk to and one of them is Mississippi State. I understand someone closely connected to Braden has reached out to the schools to begin the dialogue.

I have also been told that Wake Forest is trying to really get into the mix with him and that Chase Burns wants him to go there with him. I am told that they're talking, but that Braden will make his own decision. Going to Wake doesn't match up with the things we've been hearing for the past few weeks. I've also been told that the things with Burns may not be completely over. I am not optimistic that he changes his mind about his transfer destination, but he is talking with some other players about some other possibilities.

To summarize, a handful of programs are in the mix and State is one of them. That isn't a surprise, but it is worth noting that his rep reached out to State as soon as he entered the portal. This is not some maroon and white fantasy. There is genuine interest on both sides.

Should we be worried Braden Montgomery is going to Daequan Cook us out of getting Burns?

wo you guys, look what i read about braden montgomery from stanford (and burns) on a mississippi state message board (don't ask):
Pretty sure Burns has signed some papers, but I guess the school would make an official announcement if/when that's all inked.

Is that any other conference’s fault? Unfortunate, yes but Wake has been left out of the tournament previously with a far higher RPI than some West Coast teams. Do West Coast ballparks match SEC and ACC? I honestly do not know the answer to that one but it may be that the best ball players want to go to the best programs.
no one is blaming the SEC or ACC for that. But it is a reality in how RPI is calculated/used

Braden Montgomery is a unique case in that he is from Mississippi. And yeah...the Pac-12 has some gorgeous ballparks

which is also why i don't think our ballpark puts us at a disadvantage once we get to Omaha. it's 4-6 games.
It would not just be Omaha. It would be for any neutral to pitcher friendly place we play. At least we do not have to worry about attracting pitchers, which is a concern you could have.

I am sure any impact is small, but I am not convinced it is zero. Also, as we saw, just one play can be the difference between winning and losing.

Normally people entering the portal with a no contact clause already really know where they want to go (and most of the time it includes tampering prior to them entering the portal)

Why are we worried about neutral sites? The ACCT is dumb anyway, so the only neutral site games we will play that matter are in Omaha. Other than that, we ain't playing any postseason games away from the David F Couch (Praise be upon his name) Ballpark anymore. Traveling for regionals and supers is a peasants game.

Why are we worried about neutral sites? The ACCT is dumb anyway, so the only neutral site games we will play that matter are in Omaha. Other than that, we ain't playing any postseason games away from the David F Couch (Praise be upon his name) Ballpark anymore. Traveling for regionals and supers is a peasants game.
Neutral park factors. Not neutral sites.

Live look at Coach Cornelius Eugene Muscara LLC on the recruiting trail:

View attachment 4386
So how many thank you cards to Muscara are enough?

Or is it only David Couch and Cathy Pace that require them?

Little behind here on the latest protocol of who and how often the thank yous are required…lol

So how many thank you cards to Muscara are enough?

Or is it only David Couch and Cathy Pace that require them?

Little behind here on the latest protocol of who and how often the thank yous are required…lol
Pretty sure we thank capital, not labor.

Back